• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My trio's accommodation!

I know I've shared before but it's been a fair few years haha! So here's where my lovely little trio lives. The shed is 7ft x 5ft and they have levels in the form of being able to get up on top of the guinea pigs 6ft hutch and then another shelf above that. The run is 9.5ft x 7ft and was built by my lovely dad a fair few years ago using decking panels and mesh. The only part we bought ready made was the aviary door! He also made them the dig box which runs along the side of the run. We are in the process of getting a new roof as with it being mesh the run can get very messy with the rain at times. Anyway on to the pics!

They also have an 8ft x 5ft run on the grass so that they're able to come out every now and then :) When the rabbits are on the grass I open up the guinea pig hutch so that the piggies have time to roam around but tbh they prefer to stay snuggled up in their hutch anyway!

In the summer months I put a blanket over the run to provide shade. In these colder months the buns only go out onto the grass when I'm staying in so that I can go and rescue them if it starts to rain or gets too cold! I also have a waterproof cover which I'll probably be putting on to that run soon!

Hope you like where they live. :)

So sorry this is late! Your shed and aviary are absolutely gorgeous. Lots of lovely space for your bunnies! Hope you don't mind me asking, but how much did your aviary cost altogether?

Back