• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my soon to be new bun

My Jen came to me through a friend of my sister, and Jen was just 8 weeks old then (actually, looking back I suspect she was possibly younger, certainly far too young to have been separated from her mum and siblings imo :( ) It does happen when people know that you have rabbits (before Jen I'd only had Vincent too!)

One of my colleagues (who has now left) asked me to take her bun on... as it had bad teeth and needed dentals every 6 weeks and they found it too expensive :( Needless to say, my house is full and I declined but I think once word gets out that you have rabbits, you do become a magnet for "offloads" :cry:

have to admit, I too have been asked on quite a few occassions too through my kids. Once word gets out that you keep bunnies then thats it:roll: the last lot I was offered were babies too:( I just point them in the direction of rescues;) I did have one very successful outcome though regarding a friend of a friend getting a dog from the dogs home, she actually listened to me and went for dog training lessons (advice from here) and she still has the bunnies:D she wasn't asking me to take the bunnies on though, she wanted to know how you go about rehoming them.

My Marcel de Bun was also from my daughters friend, I wouldn't be without him now so glad I took him on:D :D

hmm, the problem I have is that no rescue will let me take one of their buns because over a year ago I had an accidental litter and some of that litter went to rescues, as many of you on here know.
So I can't win. I have had an offer recently of two older buns with cages free but unfortunatly the hubby won't let me take any more on so the lady is now advertising them in the local garage. I have taken a few on recently myself from people around the neighbourhood who bought their 8 year old child a rabbit and they have now got fed up with it or are too busy with school work etc to care for it. I would have more as I have a nice sized back garden and I have plans for an outdoor natural rabbit run where they can burrow without escaping but have a safe place to go to when I am out or on a night. I have two boys which I need to get neautered and a lovely lion head x angora which I spend loads of time brushing. We also have 3 guinea pigs. The kids help me look after the animals but I am their main carerer and I make sure that they are fed, watered and cleaned out on a regular basis.
Can I just say that through this forum I have got to know Zoey, she is a lovely lass and really cares for her buns well, they have all been vacinated and the boys have been 'done' and they go for regular check ups at the vets, she couldn't care for the buns that she has any better than she does, most of her earnings go straight on the buns either in housing or treats. If I was ever stuck for a rabbit sitter when it comes to me going on holiday, Zoey is the person who I would choose to do it.

thanks karen....its silly how i do a good deed by taking a rabbit in, that needs love and lots of care and all i do is get sarcastic comments...i can never win, iv now noticed from a few threads now that if your rabbit int from a resuce then your not worthy at all well im sorry but i have tried rescues...and people on here can say iv msgd them enquiring about bunnies but no luck its gettin to the point no wer i carnt come on this site and post about my bunnies with out gettin comments..........i really dnt have the energy for ppl commenting on me and wer i get my bunnies from its getin quite sad now........if a bunny is goin to a loving home then why the critism (sp)

thanks karen....its silly how i do a good deed by taking a rabbit in, that needs love and lots of care and all i do is get sarcastic comments...i can never win, iv now noticed from a few threads now that if your rabbit int from a resuce then your not worthy at all well im sorry but i have tried rescues...and people on here can say iv msgd them enquiring about bunnies but no luck its gettin to the point no wer i carnt come on this site and post about my bunnies with out gettin comments..........i really dnt have the energy for ppl commenting on me and wer i get my bunnies from its getin quite sad now........if a bunny is goin to a loving home then why the critism (sp)

I thought you had a Bunny reserved at a Rescue but decided not to adopt as you had bought a Bun instead :? That's NOT a critisism btw :)
Anyway, I hope you new Rabbit settles in well

Janex

yes thats correct i did reserve calllie and grace.....but my bf got me oscar whilst i was at work and i didnt know untill i got home that day.....i was also weary(sp) due to the 200 mile drive.......charie hsnt settled in very well as of yet as she needs lots of looking after and attention she wasnt and still isnt 100% when she arrived to me her fur was matted nails curled becos they wer soo long andhas been on a very poor diet....wev had a trip to thevets and hes given us a to do list...she has had no human attention at her previous home.....she grunts and lunges if you go near her...shes showingprogress already...just a shame shes been neglected

at least she will no longer be neglected, I know you will work hard to bring her to like human contact and will spend all the time that you have with her and the rest of the buns. Good luck Zoey

yes thats correct i did reserve calllie and grace.....but my bf got me oscar whilst i was at work and i didnt know untill i got home that day.....i was also weary(sp) due to the 200 mile drive.......charie hsnt settled in very well as of yet as she needs lots of looking after and attention she wasnt and still isnt 100% when she arrived to me her fur was matted nails curled becos they wer soo long andhas been on a very poor diet....wev had a trip to thevets and hes given us a to do list...she has had no human attention at her previous home.....she grunts and lunges if you go near her...shes showingprogress already...just a shame shes been neglected

Awwww bless. Blimey a 12 week old Bun with super fast growing nails if they had curled :shock: Crikey thats unusual :shock: :shock:
We look forward to some pics of your new Bun :)

Janex

i have tried local resuces but no look.....

But that's not the full story is it????:?

It's nice that you are getting a large bunny family & i'm sure you'll do what's best for them & get them neutered & bonded, & not forget Jack who you've sent to live at your Mum's, but some of your posts don't always tie up with stuff you've said before. that might be why you sense some sarcasm.

Good luck with your new baby bun

Last edited:
think i mentiond earli shes not 12week old shes 8 month old the bf of the previous owner told me she was 12week but when i actully spoke to the owner his gf she said no shes 8 mont i have got lots of pics im just spending time trying to win her round im gettin there she keeps cummin up to me having a sniff hopping off

Back