• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My sad boy

Poor Fiver!
Have you tried changing his deodorant?;)

Seriously, perhaps having a break from the stress of being away from home may be good for him. He must miss you - and Mia - and his usual surroundings.

I hope thing will improve when you get them home. fingers crossed that they will fall in love.

Nothing, I had been hoping to bring jessamine home with him to see if they bond here but don't think that's going to happen as they'd be on their own when I'm at work which obviously is a bit risky.

I bet he misses his free range time, probably not Mia though. She'll be disappointed when he comes home, she thinks the run is hers now, weird girl! :lol:

Nothing, I had been hoping to bring jessamine home with him to see if they bond here but don't think that's going to happen as they'd be on their own when I'm at work which obviously is a bit risky.

I bet he misses his free range time, probably not Mia though. She'll be disappointed when he comes home, she thinks the run is hers now, weird girl! :lol:

Yes, I wouldn't leave them alone at all when bonding - I'd be there with my broom ready to intervene if things started to get a bit rough.;) In fact some people actually sleep next to the bonding pen so the rabbits are not separated at all once the bonding starts.

I wonder if there are any other Rescues within striking distance who would bond him with one of their Does.

What a shame he's being all shy. Perhaps bonding him at home would go better but I guess you can never tell with these bunnies - only guarantee is that it'll stress us out!

I'm sure it will be nice to have him home again though :love:

He's home. Jessamine has lost some weight so Caroline wonders if she's a bit poorly and that's why their seemingly hopeful friendship didn't really go anywhere, she's going to get her checked out and if she's ok in a couple of weeks we'll try again.
He's rediscovering his lovely big run just now, think he's enjoying the extra space he's got compared to the rescue :D

Hmm I wonder if she was a little under the weather & that made her more unsettled? And of course animals sense when each other are unwell much before we notice.

Bless him enjoying his home again :D

I cleaned Jessamine out yesterday when I was at RRR - she's lovely I hope she does bond with Fiver

Aww lovely, if I'd known I'd have asked you to give her a nose rub from me.
Looks like boy will be home with me for a couple more weeks as Caroline too busy at the moment but he doesn't seem sad anymore, I'm sure he'll love having (hopefully) Jess to snuggle with but at least I don't have to worry too much until we get there!

So, we're trying again! Taking him up on Saturday, any well wishes or dating advice gratefully received!
My friend has made me laugh, she thinks he should do a 'take me out' style date where all the girls are lined up and he appears out of his carrier strutting around to some cheesy music. :lol:

Aww I'm sure he would be able to strut his stuff too :love: hopefully his wifey bun is there this time :thumb: Sending lots of love at first sight vibes x

Are you trying with jessamine again or some of the others too?

We're going to try with as many as possible I think, I might ask to try him and Jessamine again first as it did look promising last time but we'll see how it goes.
Thanks for the good luck wishes x

Good luck Fiver
g.png

Hope bonding is going well.
My poor Smokey is so missing Molly who was pts 2 weeks ago.
My local rescue is on high alert to find a female 3-5 years for Smokey.

Come on Fiver find yourself a wifey.:love:
Look forward to hearing good news

Apparently they're being 'polite' to each other, Caroline is taking it slowly this time so they're just out in an enclosure for a few hours in the day and they say hello to each other then go off to do their own thing.
They're not fighting or completely ignoring each other so not going badly :D

Back