• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little Olly has a broken toe!! U/D it wasn't broken!!

Thanks for the vibes folks :)
Olly is home and eating :) his toe wasn't broken after all! The vets have never seen anything like it before... He had a kind of keratin growth under his toe, attached by a ligament! She showed me the X-rays - it looks like an extra bit of bone where it shouldn't be. So they have just removed the growth and sent it to the lab for analysis... Very strange!! Olly is still quite sleepy and I haven't actually seen his foot yet as he's hiding it, but apparently it now looks like a chickens foot as it's all shaved, poor boy!! He has to have antibiotics for two weeks which is going to be a nightmare.. I might have to take him back every day for injections :(
If anyone reading this is wondering whether insurance is a good idea, don't even hesitate!! Olly's bill today was £411... All I paid was his excess of £70. It's a no-brainer!!

Thanks Amy. No one else seems to be interested, so I'll make this my last update. I took Olly back to the vets tonight for an antibiotic and metacam injection, as he won't take it orally. He is much brighter today, although producing some really nasty stinky poo after the anaesthetic! He is eating spring greens and hay and some treats, but not much else at the moment. His poor little foot must be cold with no fur! :( think he's wondering what's happened to it! It looks so tiny compared to his other fluffy one! He is scared of me now, he thinks I'm going to grab him again and take him back to the vets, I feel awful :( poor little munchkin :(

Thanks Amy. No one else seems to be interested, so I'll make this my last update. I took Olly back to the vets tonight for an antibiotic and metacam injection, as he won't take it orally. He is much brighter today, although producing some really nasty stinky poo after the anaesthetic! He is eating spring greens and hay and some treats, but not much else at the moment. His poor little foot must be cold with no fur! :( think he's wondering what's happened to it! It looks so tiny compared to his other fluffy one! He is scared of me now, he thinks I'm going to grab him again and take him back to the vets, I feel awful :( poor little munchkin :(

Bless him - he will grow his fluffy foot back in no time!
When I bought Binky home yesterday she sat in the corner and wouldn't accept my nose rubs cause she thought I was going to take her to be spayed again! :lol:
He will be back to himself in no time Xx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back