• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little man

bottrell62

New Kit
Hey guys just thought I'd share my little man and how much he has grown in the last 3 months xx

His names Gizmo although he also answers to giz, he is a lionhead mix, he is around 4 months old and a house bunnie. He loves cuddles with his mama (me) and loves to groom me any chance he gets. I can't sit on the floor when we are in the living room because he loves to climb on me.

He is being a naughty boy of late though and has got a habit of chewing the walls, which I wouldn't mind too much but we live with my in laws 😕 any advice on how to tackle that would be good thanks 😁

Thanks will update again soon xxx
23502e66004a1297547205f0ed7b9271.jpg
88aebe0d55b27b144c9dfb9087ad17ae.jpg
f5993c6a587e4be030632002825dd8ce.jpg
712d67adc63e82c3398693d59cee2e50.jpg

Awh he's gorgeous :love:is that all his pocket money there? :p

I don't know how to stop rabbits chewing walls though... I assume he's trying to pull wall paper off? I don't have wall paper in my house, paint all the way when you have house bunnies unfortunately! Could you put anything up against he wall paper to protect it? Perspex or just some puppy panels to act as a barrier?

He is gorgeous :love: I would recommend lots of things to keep him occupied, plenty of space, and make sure he always has plenty of hay available, and toys, such as treat balls to feed him his pellets in, things to chew such as Apple/pear tree branches from trees that have not been sprayed with chemicals.

Hey yeah he is isn't he xx
It's painted wall, he is actually chewing the plaster off the corners off the walls ��

:shock: sounds like a determined bunny rabbit!

Could you buy these to protect it? I bought them for the new sofas but I'm not good enough at DIY to work out how to nail or drill them on properly :oops: I'm sure they'd be easier to nail onto the wall corners!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?...0MM+LONG+50X50MM+PRE+drilled&_id=120673033931

Tashp90 didn't post anything ;)

But I do agree that things to distract him are good...particularly edible things!

:lol: I don't know how I did that! I meant zoobec! I think it's because I just typed your name on the other thread I had it on my mind :lol: how embarrassing :oops:

Oh, what a cutie! :love: Four months, huh? He'll be starting puberty soon! He might settle a bit once you've got him neutered; in the meanwhile, lots of toys and hay and fun! Some bunnies are just plain naturally naughty, though!

Oh, what a cutie! :love: Four months, huh? He'll be starting puberty soon! He might settle a bit once you've got him neutered; in the meanwhile, lots of toys and hay and fun! Some bunnies are just plain naturally naughty, though!
Thanks his being neutered in December lol great Christmas present for him hehe xx

Oh my gosh he is just delicious! :love:

Agree with the others - hay (check out the fancy treat varieties on The Hay Experts) branches, tunnels, small toys he can pick up and throw/carry round, hidey houses, a digging box... just lots of toys and enrichment should help distract him nicely!

Welcome to RU! :D

What a cutie!

Depending on the depth of the corners I found nic cubes useful to stop chewing the corners of walls. Those corner protectors look good too. Tried every distraction in the book but then I'd go to bed and hear them at it again... We all know what a how determined a bunny can be.

Mine did it most when they were under a year, I don't know whether it's growing older or the fact that I stopped them for long enough they forgot about it but they've not done it at all since I moved in July. So it might just be a case of protecting the walls till they lose interest.

Thanks everyone!!

Right I've booked Giz in for his neutering on the 8th decmeber as I've been told that will be the perfect time age wise lool

Is there anything I need to know ???

Awwww he is gorgeous!

I got Louie done at 4 months before any hormonal behaviour kicked in! He bounced back from the op with no problems at all. I tried caging him when he came home from the vets but he was having none of it and freeranged as usual!

What are fenugreek crunches lool xx *lily* I'm glad Louie bounced back, I'm a little worried about the little fella never had a rabbit neutered before xx

Back