• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

my kits

I dont advocate breeding but aslong as it is a certain amount of generations apart it shouldnt make any difference :wave:

Line breeding is Mother to son or Father to daughter. It is meant to help make strong genetic traits (for such things as good health), but I fear that those who have no idea about it will take no notice to any possible benefits and will breed unhealthy buns to each other.....regardless of lineage!!

Far worse is brother and sister. This should be avoided beyond any other pairing!!!! Unfortunately this is one of the most common pairings, as wrongly sexed siblings will get sold together. :roll:

Best not to breed at all, and leave it to those who know what their doing! :)

Line breeding is Mother to son or Father to daughter. It is meant to help make strong genetic traits (for such things as good health), but I fear that those who have no idea about it will take no notice to any possible benefits and will breed unhealthy buns to each other.....regardless of lineage!!

Far worse is brother and sister. This should be avoided beyond any other pairing!!!! Unfortunately this is one of the most common pairings, as wrongly sexed siblings will get sold together. :roll:

Best not to breed at all, and leave it to those who know what their doing! :)

I agree. . I got told Rebecca and Alix were both girls. . I didn't get told they was inbred! Totally angry because there people think its funny. 't

Not in them words't. But i facebooked a relative told her. . She said so how may you got now. . I told her she said. . Lol. I felt like saying there is more to a rabbit than what you think. . My rabbits are my life and i am still totally gutted over my babies. . Some people don't deserve them !i am that heart broken i don't ever want any more because i can't deal wi i the pain x x

Back