• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Jack has been hospitalised :-( -ud he's gone.

MichG there was nothing more you could have done for Jack.

We had a similar incident with a bunny a few years ago. He was perfectly normal in the morning when I had a pat with him before leaving for work but by the afternoon his back end was covered in urine and all his water had been drunk. X-rays showed hair and food mixed to form a full blockage of his stomach. We were fortunate that he eventual recovered after surgery to remove the mass, but it was only because he was a very determined bunny and we had an even more determined vet. These blockages seem to occur without any warning and are very difficult to treat. It is highly unlikely that had you got him to the vet any earlier the outcome would have been any different.

I am very sorry Jack lost his fight and I know from personal experience it is more difficult to accept that loss when they are so young.:cry:

Back