• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Heart is Aching, I Cant Help Her

It a horrible situation, she and Victor had such a unique and totally solid bond. I wonder if she will be like Aisling and need time.
:cry::cry::cry:

Jane I think it can almost be as painful for us to watch a bereaved bun, as it was to have lost the partner:cry:

There is a level of acceptance with a death (however hard) but I've alwas found it hard seeing the pain of loss for the other bun.

When I lost Joey last month I only left it one day before I tried BB with Ra.

She was besides herself losing Joey, and being a heart bun (and quite poorly) she is time limited herself:( - so despite all my best intentions I just went for it, and thankfully her and Ra (also bereaved from Hera at Christmas) must have taken about 3 hours to bond. My relief was immense.

I really hope one or two of your other bunnies will accept her - my fingers will be crossed for you.

It's not replacing Victor, but I can understand why it would feel that way, especially so soon.

Perhaps she can choose herself a lovely new partner from a rescue when she is ready

So sorry for you both. :(

You both need time to grieve. They had a very strong bond and it sounds like she doesn't want anyone else right now, but maybe in time. Give her lots of cuddles from me.

Poor girl. Hugs for both of you. Does she not seek comfort from other rabbits around her? How would she feel in a different enclosure? New surroundings might help. Fresh start. If you haven't already.

Buns aren't like us. They don't have things to take their minds off of the situation for at least a few minutes. We have jobs, families,, friends, worrying about the bills etc. They can all distract us and take our minds off the grief for just a little while. Rabbits don't have that luxury. So maybe if you found something to pre-occupy her

:cry:

I don't know what to say Jane. Only time will help her. Just give her as much attention as she needs, and space when she wants it.

*Hugs* to you both xx

Poor Lydia and poor you. Extra cuddles/nose rubs when she wants them and space when she doesn't. They were such a close couple it is bound to be hard for her x

Does Lydia like cuddles from you? If so crazy as this may sound,could you climb into her pen and lay with her for a while and cuddle each other? I also agree with others said maybe a little time in the garden might distract/ brighten her a little. Hugs to the both or you.

I can't imagine what it must be like for her. I've never had one rabbit outlive another because other than G&T I never had more than one rabbit at a time before them. As you know, G&T died together so I never had to face this prospect. I hope time will heal you both. x x Thinking of you both x x

Is she near other rabbits? Maybe a companion just ' next door' would be ok/ help rather than attempt a full bond? Poor girl :cry:

i have tried to introduce lydia to three different bucks she attacked each one on sight

victor cant just be replaced like a broken toy, not for either of us

:cry:

Bless her. Poor little love isn't ready to find someone else yet then.

I don't have any advice, but I wanted to send my love to you both. xxx

Back