• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunny has to be rehomed :(

can she not be kept as a secret??? loads do it... i did in my last house and got my full deposit back :wave:

can she not be kept as a secret??? loads do it... i did in my last house and got my full deposit back :wave:

This is what I'm going to do :)

Just went and got her a new cage for the night time, so she can still be a warm house bunny, but at night she has to go in the cage. Just hope none of the neighbours find out and tell on me.
I never left it to the last minute either, as asked in earlier posts, I have been waiting to move for ages and finally got offered a new flat.

Anyway, the good news is, I'm keeping her :) :) :)

Just went and got her a new cage for the night time, so she can still be a warm house bunny, but at night she has to go in the cage. Just hope none of the neighbours find out and tell on me.
I never left it to the last minute either, as asked in earlier posts, I have been waiting to move for ages and finally got offered a new flat.

this is great news - you get to stay together now, really pleased for you :love:

Yay :D

I shouldn't really say this but even though it is an agreed term in the contract, the worst that can happen is that you are given notice at the end of your tenancy (well in the 8 wks beforehand) from your landlord if they find out. If they want to get you out before that on grounds for breach of contract it takes months.... not ideal to face eviction but just wanted to say that's the worst that can happen really. Deposits are protected now and can only be deducted with your permission at the end.

We did it - had bunnies inside for 4 years! Landlord had only agreed to garage ;) I'm definitely not condoning breaking your tenancy agreement just saying that we did and so do lots of other people :no: We couldn't even hide the double storey 8ft indoor hutch from the 6 monthly inspections so just pretended that it was all ok and noone ever questioned it, not until the landlord came round himself at the end and used it as a reason not to sell us the house at the end :roll: We got the house in the end... stupid man! :lol:
I'm glad you can keep your bunny :D

Me too.
Had her for so long now, just couldn't bear the thought of losing her.
She a part of me and where I go she goes.
Got my partner onside as well and he adamant we'll face consequences if and when we need too.
Its got that upsetting for me that my partner has taken on a second job to enable us to move on again soon.. so then I wont have to worry at all :)

awwwww im sure you will both be very happy... i cover the walls with sheets and the landlords carpet with my own covering... no damage even when they arent being supervised... my house looked spotless when we moved out so its do able.. not great for stress levels but better than being apart :love:

Me too.
Had her for so long now, just couldn't bear the thought of losing her.
She a part of me and where I go she goes.
Got my partner onside as well and he adamant we'll face consequences if and when we need too.
Its got that upsetting for me that my partner has taken on a second job to enable us to move on again soon.. so then I wont have to worry at all :)

That's good news, and lovely to have such a supportive OH!

Aww fantastic news. Just to say again- it does take about 2 months for any kind of eviction your own or rented to go through the courts, so you can always move and have two months to find somewhere new if need be. My landlords have never been to check up on me during the tenancies I've agreed. I am sure this will be the same for yourself. I wouldn't worry, nothing bad can really happen. Our legal system is quite protective in that way. As long as you keep everything clean you will get your bond back, worst case scenario, you won't.

Good luck with your move :) xx

I'm in mansfield, notts

I havent read the whole post so someone may have already said but- there is a rescue in Kirkby that may help. They are already full to the brim with rabbits and rehoming over the Winter will be slow but if you have no alternative it may be worth giving them a call. If you pm me I will give you the number.

Thanks guys.

One thing that was bothering me, is she is a pretty nasty rabbit to anyone but me, she bites anyone who goes in her "space" and I could just imagine her being put down :( I couldn't bear that cos she is only like she is because of me.

Felt awful about it :(

Is she spayed? :wave:

Yeah, had her done after a month of getting her lol she would bite me back then also, but I got some advice from here and from research I did and she doesnt bite me anymore, she just bites everyone else now lol

She just a very aggressive bunny who pretty much rules the roost, wouldn't want her any other way though, she just super territorial I think.

Yey!! Fantastic news you are keeping her. Hope all goes well with the move and you all settle in you new home. :D
I haven't told my landlords about having a rabbit in the house, but then neither have the other tenants on our road owned up about having cats and dogs!! LOL!! What they don't know wont harm them:lol::lol::lol:

Helen x

Back