• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My Bunny chewed through my tv wire which was on

Bunnie2020

New Kit
Hi,

So my tv had turned off and i was confused anyway it was the plug wire and then i realised there were bite marks! No clue how he got to it cuz it was barricaded off and covered with plastic…

Anyway he has chewed through the black wire to the live wires inside and chewed through one of those a blue one and the other one wasn’t chewed.

He seems okay washing himself and moving about.
Just panicking as it was on and its a tv not just a small appliance.

I don't know how they survive these things. I really don't know what the medical side of advice is - I assume you'll want to check he has no burns or sores in his mouth. When Joey was young he chewed through all our tele cables. He was totally unscathed (now nearly 11 years) whereas we were left without tele (we already had no phone & therefore no internet) for the remainder 11 months of our tenancy. I'd try not to worry but a call to your vet might be wise.

Yeah well i googled and it said don't bother the vets unless they are struggling breathing and lethargic etc and he seems okay. This isn’t the first time in chewing through wires he has done it a few time before!

Like i said it was only one of the covered wires not both of them which i googled can cause a shock if its both.

Cookie once chewed the computer's adapter cable like this. I was so scared, I thought something would happen to him. But he was quite healthy, he had nothing. Still do some self-check and observe, but if you're not comfortable you can show it to the vet.

Two of my buns severed the telephone wire in one bite (one when the telephone was in use) and both were fine.

Back