• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My 2 new baby ratties

here's more of freddy:

HPIM1095.jpg

HPIM1070.jpg

HPIM1095.jpg

and here's my black hoodie chester:

HPIM1010.jpg

HPIM1014.jpg

Gorgeous ratties. Daft question but they are not actually having contact with each other are they being a boy and girl?

They have just been split up there only 6 weeks old

Just beware that most people now split the sexes at 4.5 as breeders were having accidents previously when they were splitting at 5 weeks. I'm sure it will be fine but it is something to be aware of. I have an adult doe who is barely 200g after becoming a mum whilst still a baby herself.

Thanks i no brodie was mis sexed by a petshop thats why they were still together i've only had them a couple of days

Gorgeous :love: I remember my two being babies so well, they'll be one in a few weeks though! :love:

well lily went in with the girls after being in the bath with them and being fine well humbug and moonbeam have done nothing but terroise her so we took her out :(

well lily went in with the girls after being in the bath with them and being fine well humbug and moonbeam have done nothing but terroise her so we took her out :(

We had a lot of trouble trying to introduce our last lot. :( Did you gut the cage and clean everything beforehand? Sometimes the original rats get a bit jelous over their cage if it smells strongly of them and not the other rat(s).

Yep i scrubed everything down humbug is usually fine so i don't no what got in to her but moonbeam was the same with jellybean but they soon settled lily was petrified think i'm going to keep her on her own till she's a bit bigger and try again

Back