• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Multiple Losses- How to 'Cope' ?

Why is it getting more and more difficult to keep going ?

:cry:

How can so many of my family have died ?

No need to reply, there's nothing to say really

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have no answers for you Jane.....sorry. But I do hold a place in my heart for you and your remaining furry family. xxxxxxxxx

I wish I could help you more Jane.........you always in my thoughts and prayers. x

Last edited:
In many ways it's easier if you don't believe in fate or karma or any of that stuff. Then bunches of bad things happen because sometimes random events end up happening together just because of chance, rather than as some kind of "payback" or punishment for something you did.

Jane, I firmly believe that there's no reason other than extremely bad luck that you have lost so many rabbits in such a short time. I think it happened because it happened. You don't deserve it, but then most people don't deserve bad things. It seems hugely unfair and it is hugely unfair, because that's what life's like sometimes. It sucks, but in my opinion there's no rhyme or reason to any of this.

This probably doesn't make you feel better in any way, but I thought I'd still say it.

((((((((Hugs)))))))).
It is heartbreaking to know you are suffering so much, when you should be reaping tremendous rewards if we lived in a world where everything is fair and people got what they deserve.
Perhaps that is why I believe in something beyond this life--a place where things even out for people like yourself who deserve so much more than they ever receive in their physical form.
Even though we are helpless to change your situation, we can still hope you will someday be able to find peace within yourself.

Thank you folks. It's just so hard to come to terms with what is, for me, the ending of an era. I have lived with multiple Rabbits since 1998. Yes, at one stage I DID have far too many (45). I think I bordered on it becoming a 'problem' but thankfully I was able to see that before I ended up as a 'hoarder'

In recent years my family has reduced in size dramatically and now I just have 4 Rabbits remaining.They will be my last Rabbits. Each loss has taken a part of me away too. But losing Morse has been a loss that is unquantifiable and one I will never ever recover from. I miss his physical presence more and more as each day passes.

After more than 5 years now, I am still not "over" losing Shadow. Not a bunny, but still the closest I have been to an animal companion since my Siamese cat, Mitzi, who I had for 10 years in my youth. And I often think of others who have gone before and since, and dread the eventuality of losing the ones I have now, knowing I will not bring home any more...but mostly Griff, Mimzy and Jenna...especially Jenna whom I do not even want to contemplate ever saying goodbye to. :cry:

I can only wish you peace, and eventually some kind of comfort in the memories of those who have gone...I know that probably it is not just the latest who have left in such quick succession, but the entire 45 (wow that is an impressive number!) whom you miss even today, and of course the wonderful Morse, who is still such a presence in your life even if not physically.

My OH went to the "wake" for our family friend today, who had passed away a few months ago in the lower 48. It was so hard to see OH tearing up at the loss all over again, especially as many at the wake mentioned that our friend spoke of him often and with great affection. It brought it all back for him and he is having a hard time coping.
No one questions the loss of friend or family when human...and no one should question the need to grieve, even extensively, for the friends who have no voices...and yet say so much to our hearts.

((((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))

You are always in my thoughts, Jane. xxxxxxxx

Jane, I'm so sorry I don't have a magic wand to make things better for you :cry:

I can't imagine how terribly hard it is for you, losing so many of your precious family in such a short space of time.

I believe I understand how much you miss Morse as I feel like this about Roly. I've just spent a wonderful holiday with my lovely family but every day I thought about my little chap, I was sitting out under the night skies and hoping that one of the stars was my boy looking down on me.

Sending you lots of love as always xxx

why am i feeling worse as each day passes ?

not expecting answers, not expecting anything

i just cant see a way through this one

maybe typing out the words will help fend off all the very dark thoughts

I wish I had answers, Jane. :cry:
I would give anything to help make this better for you. (((((((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))) xxxxxx

I'm so sorry Jane :cry:

Words seem so inadequate.

As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm sending lots of love and (((((hugs))))) and strength for today xxx

I haven't any answers, Jane, but am thinking of you and sending you and your furry family lots of love and vibes for strength.

Thank you

I think being so physically unwell is making it even harder to cope with the emotional impact of losing so many Rabbits in such a short space of time. As I have said before, it feels as though I am watching myself from a distance, I am 'here' but 'not here'.

*gentle squishes*

This is off topic entirely but I can't ask any other way but wondered if, in light of your fencing issues, would you like some puppy panels so you can still get the bunnies out, and use the panels along the length of the missing bit of fence?

*gentle squishes*

This is off topic entirely but I can't ask any other way but wondered if, in light of your fencing issues, would you like some puppy panels so you can still get the bunnies out, and use the panels along the length of the missing bit of fence?

That's really kind of you but the fencing issue is being sorted out now. Hopefully I will have my garden back by the end of today xx

That's really kind of you but the fencing issue is being sorted out now. Hopefully I will have my garden back by the end of today xx

That's good. I was trying to find your thread earlier to look for an update - have you had it removed?

Back