• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Fox has visited Me

Oh dear :shock: its scary to think that they can literally break into anything.
Glad the bunnies are ok though and i hope fox gets help if it is badly hurt

Glad it didn't get your buns...

I do hope the fox is ok though. If it is that badly injured it can't have gone far and I hope the RSPCA can find it. I don't know what I would do it I were in an area where we had foxes. Think I would go for a steel enclosure like a dog run.

I have an avairy/shed for my buns, the charity buns are in hutch & run combo's with bolts padlocks etc

apart from moving or electric frencing not sure what i can do

Neighbours looking for fox, but have marshland behind house so may have gone there :cry:

After seeing its leg (it was almost off) i'm not so sure that it will be coming back:cry:

I can't encourage it into the garden as the dog will kill it if he catches it. I really don't want that.

I have found out that an old lady a few doors away was feeding it but she is in hospital. So maybe thats why its comming to me ?

I think that's very likely - thank goodness you've got a dog but what a shame the lady went into hospital and now this poor fox is seriously hurt :( I doubt you could catch it even if you fed it, and it sounds badly injured anyway - my worry would be if there's a litter of babies starving to death somewhere - do you know where it might be living?

I think that's very likely - thank goodness you've got a dog but what a shame the lady went into hospital and now this poor fox is seriously hurt :( I doubt you could catch it even if you fed it, and it sounds badly injured anyway - my worry would be if there's a litter of babies starving to death somewhere - do you know where it might be living?

Apart from the 26miles of marsh land behind my house absolutely no idea??

They used to live in another neighbours shed but thats been pulled down. Have checked with the local school as they sometimes go there. I'm pretty sure the fox will die with the injury it received :cry: and i'm still on the look out in case it had babies. Followed the blood trail it went to the end of the road and then just stopped no sign of it after that.

Will check the marsh tonight when i walk the dog (he only gets them in the garden not intersted in them outside) Have a charity that i can take babies to if i find them.

Apparently human hair hung in old tights is a good fox repellent. Maybe ask a hair dressers for a bag of hair!!! :lol::lol:

I learnt that from Hugh Fearnley Whittingstalls River Cottage programme, He hung little bags of hair all the way around the perimeter of his chickenopolis ;)

That didnt work though... Fox got his chickens in the end...:(
I would bring them in for a few days until you can think of more security...

You could see if there is a wildlife rescue near you. They might have a humane fox trap (like a cat trap - it's a cage that springs closed). If the fox does come back and spring the trap it could then be treated/pts.

I would think it's unlikely to come back if the dog did it serious injury though - either it will have died or it wouldn't come back where it knows it got serious injury.

Tamsin

You could see if there is a wildlife rescue near you. They might have a humane fox trap (like a cat trap - it's a cage that springs closed). If the fox does come back and spring the trap it could then be treated/pts.

I would think it's unlikely to come back if the dog did it serious injury though - either it will have died or it wouldn't come back where it knows it got serious injury.

Tamsin

But nothing to stop another one coming along, so best to take all the precautions you can :?

ive heard putting human wee around your garden is also a good fox deterrent? or is that just an old wives tale! :lol:

hope the fox is ok,
but wouldnt he have been scared off by the dog after the dog bit it?

:( I really feel for you in this situation. You want to protect your buns and also not hurt the fox. It's tough. I hope the fox is ok or at least didn't have any lives depending on it. I also hope you get no more foxes.

Perhaps someone else found the fox if the blood trail stopped, and helped it. ?

I am so glad your buns are ok. How frightening for you.

Im glad your buns are ok. I really hope the poor fox will be ok I hate to think of anything suffering, and I love foxes.
Sallyx

Back