• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Mr Chief being neutered

Mr Chief is due his op on Friday and I'm really nervous for him tothe point I talked about cancelling it last night!

I have since come to my senses and realise it is necessary for a healthy bun plus can have a wifey bun.

Could you please send vibes for him for Friday please? Your good wishes worked so well for him in the past so I'm sure it will help with his speedy recovery. Thanks! [emoji4] x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I'm sending you so many vibrations. Cookie is 8 months old. I need to neuter him. But I'm constantly delaying because I'm worried. I don't feel ready. He still feels like a baby to me. :| How old is your bunny, and how did you decide that?

I'm sending you so many vibrations. Cookie is 8 months old. I need to neuter him. But I'm constantly delaying because I'm worried. I don't feel ready. He still feels like a baby to me. :| How old is your bunny, and how did you decide that?
He is 3 years old in September. We meant to do it when he was younger as it is much better for their health due to the risk of testicular cancer. But then my OH lost his job and we were really struggling with money for 2 years.

Mischief was then very ill for a few weeks due to a lung infection so it had to be delayed again but he is now much better and vet has given him the all clear healthwise for the op.

We are getting a girl bunny in 5 weeks time. She will only be 10 weeks old when we collect her but we plan to bond them together so he obviously needs to be neutered for that.

Mischief has been constantly humping our legs for weeks now. He can get quite annoying if I am honest as he does not let up once he starts. And he has got himself 'over excited' on my foot a couple of times which is not nice.

He is also very clingy to me generally which I don't mind at all as I love him dearly but he gets stressed out if I leave the room and rushes to follow me. I just feel he can't be 100% happy if he gets scared of me leaving and feel he needs a bunny friend. He will always have me of course but I hope he will be happier.

But yes I am dreading the op. I feel guilty that they are removing his testicles and he will hate me for it [emoji22] But mostly I just worry about the anaesthetic and his recovery afterwards.

Lots of reasons to get him neutered and I just have to man up and face it! Can't wait until Friday is over and he is back home safely with me bless his little white socks [emoji178][emoji178][emoji178]

Last edited:
He is 3 years old in September. We meant to do it when he was younger as it is much better for their health due to the risk of testicular cancer. But then my OH lost his job and we were really struggling with money for 2 years.

Mischief was then very ill for a few weeks due to a lung infection so it had to be delayed again but he is now much better and vet has given him the all clear healthwise for the op.

We are getting a girl bunny in 5 weeks time. She will only be 10 weeks old when we collect her but we plan to bond them together so he obviously needs to be neutered for that.

Mischief has been constantly humping our legs for weeks now. He can get quite annoying if I am honest as he does not let up once he starts. And he has got himself 'over excited' on my foot a couple of times which is not nice.

He is also very clingy to me generally which I don't mind at all as I love him dearly but he gets stressed out if I leave the room and rushes to follow me. I just feel he can't be 100% happy if he gets scared of me leaving and feel he needs a bunny friend. He will always have me of course but I hope he will be happier.

But yes I am dreading the op. I feel guilty that they are removing his testicles and he will hate me for it [emoji22] But mostly I just worry about the anaesthetic and his recovery afterwards.

Lots of reasons to get him neutered and I just have to man up and face it! Can't wait until Friday is over and he is back home safely with me bless his little white socks [emoji178][emoji178][emoji178]

I hope he gets well soon. Cookie gets excited at my feet, I'm used to. :lol: And he mates with a toy ball multiple times a day. Even when he's mating he looks so cute to me. :lol: And at that moment I caress him, that's why he gets mad at me. :lol: :lol:

I am very attached to my bunny too, this is my first pet. I'm with him all day. :)
I've made a firm decision to have him spayed this year. Do rabbits get very angry with their owners after neutering?

I will also pray for him on Friday. Allah bless him.

Sending loads of vibes for his op.

Pack him up a nice lunch of his favorite greens and hay etc so he has all the comforts of home I know it seems silly but I always find it reassuring that they have those things when they come round.

Rodney came to us 3 weeks post op he was all healed up just a shaved belly to show off and in the midst of a hormone surge and I must admit it was lovely to see him calming as the weeks went on.

It has left him scarred for life in only one aspect a terrible fear of shavers. Whenever he hears hubby trimming his beard he goes and hides in his best spot as he's convinced someone is coming for his little furry balls again [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Pack him up a nice lunch of his favorite greens and hay etc so he has all the comforts of home I know it seems silly but I always find it reassuring that they have those things when they come round.

Rodney came to us 3 weeks post op he was all healed up just a shaved belly to show off and in the midst of a hormone surge and I must admit it was lovely to see him calming as the weeks went on.

It has left him scarred for life in only one aspect a terrible fear of shavers. Whenever he hears hubby trimming his beard he goes and hides in his best spot as he's convinced someone is coming for his little furry balls again [emoji1787]

Oh :| It's good that I learned that. Let's not let them shave without giving him anesthesia at the vet. Thanks for saying that. :)

I am sure all will be well on Friday. You would have to be very unlucky if it didn't go well. I have had lots done but still get anxious. X

Best of luck for Friday. Sending him so, so many vibes, and I hope everything will go well. He'll be getting ready for his bunny friend, so it'll be worth it! :love:

I hope he gets well soon. Cookie gets excited at my feet, I'm used to. [emoji38] And he mates with a toy ball multiple times a day. Even when he's mating he looks so cute to me. [emoji38] And at that moment I caress him, that's why he gets mad at me. [emoji38] [emoji38]

I am very attached to my bunny too, this is my first pet. I'm with him all day. :)
I've made a firm decision to have him spayed this year. Do rabbits get very angry with their owners after neutering?

I will also pray for him on Friday. Allah bless him.
Thank you. I just don't feel Mischief can be very happy if his hormones are raging all the time. It kind of takes over his day and he is more interested in leg humping us than playing sometimes.

Poor Cookie's ball [emoji23][emoji23]

I don't know if they get angry with us but maybe it takes a little time to build trust back with them? They can get a bit aggressive apparently. Their hormones rage afterwards so maybe it is just that? I don't know much about it I'm just probably worrying too much I guess [emoji53]

Yes I read that it is good to give treats to the vet. I thought some parsley as it's his favourite and all he would eat when he got sick. Plus some nice hay and a few pellets and other treats like carrot and some blueberries. He will hopefully perk up with that [emoji7]

Poor little Rodney with the shaver! [emoji23] I love the sound of him. He sounds so sweet.

His little furry balls [emoji28]

Oh :| It's good that I learned that. Let's not let them shave without giving him anesthesia at the vet. Thanks for saying that. :)
I think they give them a pre op sedative to calm them down for their time at the vets and then shave them? I may be wrong though?

Thank you everyone for your best wishes. I will tell Mischief later on.
(He doesn't know about vets on Friday yet shush!) ...he will only get nervous. I'm bad enough! [emoji23]

Back