• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morse -U/D 31st December Post 49

I have spoken with C and she does not want to operate before a BH Week-end.

We have realised that Morse's latest drastic weightloss has happened immediately after one of his abx (Metronidazole) was stopped. So he's back on that now aswell as Depocillin. But neither me nor C think that infection is all that is going on for Morse :cry:

Morse will now be seen on Thursday morning and we will discuss where we go from here. I really dont think Morse is strong enough for major surgery :cry: which would not be done til next week if at all. He may have more bloods taken on Thursday as C mentioned the possibility of an immunopathogenisis going on, something about him not now absorbing nutrients from his diet :?

I am so so worried :cry: :cry:

Poor Morse, you must be beside yourself Jane. I hope something can be done to help Morse. Sending hugs to you and mega vibes to Morse.

Am I right in thinking Morse had some abnormal liver results last time he had bloods taken?

Could it be possible he has a similar problem to Timmys where the bile duct isn't funtioning properly therefore not allowing him to absorb the nutrients from his food :? I was convinced that Timmy had cancer as he had all the symptoms, the same as the ones you describe in Morse, but the PM showed he didn't have it and we had to let him go due to a completely unrelated probelm.

:( Poor Morse and poor you, hope you can get through this OK. Sending good luck vibes for the little fella x

Poor Morse this waiting for answers and trying to cling to hope is agonising! But since we still have it let's hold on to that hope!! Lots of hopeful vibes for the Inspector!

C does NOT think the 'mass' in Morse's ear is malignant. She said its a large flap of necrotic tissue which is actually in the process of dropping off :shock:

She also still believes that Morse's low weight is directly related to his Ear problems. I said I would like another blood test done but C said she really believes it would give us no more info than the previous one (which actually led us up the wrong path anyway :?)

Its so hard as I do try to trust my Vet, but trusting anyone does not come naturally to me :oops: C said that we can do the bloods next week if I still feel that is what I want but in her professional opinion it is an unnecessary expense at this stage.

Morse will remain on Depocillin, Metronidazole and Metacam plus Canaural Ear Drops. I am also to carefully monitor his weight. Obssessing about 'weight issues' is about the only thing I am any good at :oops:

I remain so worried about Morse. He is a unique Bunny in both looks and character. Whilst he is not Jack he has found a very special place in my heart. I love him so much :love:

I'll shut up now :oops:

Jane that's very good news about the 'mass' :D

Sending loads more vibes to the Inspector and hoping he starts gaining some weight again soon.

Im so glad morse doesnt have the big C.Sending massive healing vibes his way and a great big hug for you Jane xxx

Well it's a bit of a relief that Morsey doesn't have 'it'! Hopefully he'll start putting the weight back on now, lots of vibes for both of you :D

Hope he recovers well, he is in the best hands with you and your vet sounds top notch and I am sure he knows how much you love him. Sending lots of nom nom vibes hope he gets stronger :love:

telepathic message from (and indeed to) inspector morse...."oats, mum, more oats... and maybe some... carrot... or...erm, yummy things...." :wave:

Back