• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More affectionate, 2 bunnies or 1?

Sagemacd

Young Bun
Hi all

I was just wondering what everyones experiences are of 1 bunny or 2? I have one at the moment Charlie, who loves me very much. He follows me everywhere, binkies round me buzzing away, sometimes licks me and climbs on me. he also jumps up on the sofa to sit next to me or on my knee ( for 2 seconds). I am maybe going to be getting him a girlfriend as i work full time so could be good for him to have a friend during the day but i want him to love me the same.

I was just wondering what everyone elses experiences are?:D

Thanks

I got my first 2nd bunny last year & I was worried about the same thing.I got Barley a friend as I wanted to spend more time with my hubby due to his mum dying & didn't give her the attention she needed.Along came Dill....At a low period in our life his naughtyness & teaching B bad habits was very stressful.I emailed Jill at the rescue a couple of times because I thought he would have to go back as I couldn't cope with such distructiveness in the house.I started to come & sit with them more & Dill became less distructive & B went back to her old ways[she is no angel,but she never chewed].I realised B was being naughty to get our attention,as soon as she got it,she was much better.I think she loved us & was missing us.I think your present bun will be just as loving towards you when the new bun comes but if you got a bonded couple,I dont know from experience,but would think as they are an already established couple they would be less loving to the new comer-you!

In the past i had a single bun, Kermit. He was just like you describe your bun, super affectionate and licked me all the time :)

When he went to the bridge i got Herbie & Inca, they were bonded before they came to me. Inca is super affectionate and comes to me for snuggles all the time. Herbie isnt as cuddly, but he is the one who licks me when im making a fuss over him.

I guess its just your luck with their nature.

Id imagine that your existing bun will still be affectionate with you, and its just pot luck with what kind of affection you will get from the new bunster.

Good luck anyways x

I think it depends on the bunny. I had B and C who werent affectionate at all, when I got D they became more affectionate because he is such a snuggle bun

I had Muppet for three years before Sooty joined us eight months ago. He still loves me just the same but our relationship is different as he spent more time with Sooty. He still came to check up on me just as much but he preferred to lounge with her rather than me, which is fair enough :D

Since he's been ill (January), he's back to lounging with me again a bit more, curiously. I hope it means Sooty will join us and that Muppet wont always have to choose who he sits with :lol: That's a work in progress though...

I have 3 bonded pairs and 2 singles (awaiting neuter).

The singles aren't anymore affectionate than the pairs.

Nor when I've bonded a single rabbit has it become any less friendly.

I don't think I'd ever have a single bun again.

Hello, I know its difficult wondering what to for the best for you bunny who you have such a lovely relationship with.

I have introduced a new bunny to single bunny on a couple of occasions over the years. They were not much different towards me except at times slightly less desperate for attention as they had a companion which meant I worried about them less when out. On the plus when one wasnt in the mood for attention the other was so I always had a bunny to fuss :love:

My current pair were very well bonded when I got them from the rescue centre and I dont see it has made them less affectionate towards me than if they were single - sometimes one has pushed the other out of the way for attention from me :lol:

If you get a friend for Charlie you wont have to worry about him being alone when you are out and you will have an extra bunny to fuss. I love seeing mine snuggle up together and go about their lives together - they are always doing something to make me smile :)

Hope it all goes well for you and Charlie :wave:

Back