• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Miss Bunny Penny~ 7th February 2014

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I bought Miss Bunny Penny from a Petshop in 2001. She was about 8 weeks of age. She was a cheeky little Bunny and like all Rexes she was very greedy. Despite being a 'Petshop Rabbit' and a Rex she enjoyed remarkably good health for most of her 13 years. She did develop sore hocks at just one year of age. But with careful management the condition did not progress to infection/osteomyelitis.

During her lifetime Miss Bunny Penny lived with 3 different friends. First there was Freddos. A little black Lionhead X who belonged to a neighbour but became an unwanted Pet. I was asked to care for him whilst the owners went on holiday and when they returned they said they did not want him back. So I bonded him with Miss Bunny Penny and they made a very happy couple. Sadly after just 18 months Freddos became very unwell and eventually we lost him.

Miss Bunny Penny's next friend was a black Rex called Ned. He was a baby and Miss BP took to him immediately. But more sadness followed as at just 2 years of age we lost Ned to heart disease. Finally Miss Bunny Penny was bonded with Flynn and they spent almost 8 years together. Flynn was a very nervous Rabbit, but he became a lot more confident when bonded with Miss BP. They developed an incredibly close relationship.

During the final year of her life Miss BP started to suffer with arthritis. She responded well to daily Metacam and massage. A few months ago a mass was found in her intestines. But it did not cause her any pain and right up until the end she continued to eat well. But yesterday it became evident that she was going into acute renal failure. Whilst she did rally overnight whilst on fluids she could not maintain her hydration without fluid therapy. I knew it was time to let her go. She had lots of lovely treats and she really enjoyed them all. Then at 1145hrs this morning Laura gently helped Miss BP to The Bridge. Flynn remained by her side and she passed quickly and very peacefully.

13 years is a long time to share with a Rabbit, I am going to miss her very much and so will Flynn

The very first photo of Miss Bunny Penny taken in 2001

The very last photo of her taken this morning

Farewell for now Miss Bunny Penny, thank you for sharing 13 wonderful years with me xx

I'm so sorry for your loss Jane :( Lovely tribute to a beautiful girl.

She obviously had a wonderful life with you xxxxx

Last edited:
To share 13 years with a fellow soul is incredible and close. She will never really leave you - a part of her is embedded within you - take care of it and nurture it.

A beautiful tribute to a truly lovely rabbit, what a wonderful blessed life she had with you.

RIP sweetheart xxx

Much love to you and Flynn xxx

What beautiful pictures. she was always a very beautiful girly...:love:

Noserubs to Flynn and many hugs for you

fee xx

What a wonderful and long life she has enjoyed. :love:

I am sorry that you have had to say goodbye to her. :cry: Thinking of you and Flynn.

Goodnight Miss Bunny Penny, sweet dreams xx

I'm sorry you've had to say farewell to this beautiful, grand old lady of bunnydom.
It's been inspiring to see her so majestic over the years, & I'll really miss that.
Thinking of you & Flynn.

I'm so sorry :cry: sending love and hugs to you Jane, and noserubs to Flynn.

Binky free at the bridge Miss Bunny Penny xx

Another wonderful companion heads to rainbow bridge
Binkying free, and send our love to morse

Jane - huge huge hugs at this sad time xx

Back