• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Millie and Maddie's new house! *photos*

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Millie and Maddie's new enclosure arrived from Boyles yesterday and after re-jigging nearly half the furniture in my flat it is now in place. It's a 2m x 1m enclosure and we have put a vinyl offcut down on the floor which is slightly textured and they don't seem to slip on it which is great.

It means I will no longer have to put up and take down a metal pen in the kitchen every morning and night which is going to be sooo much easier.

Obviously they will still get as much free range time as I can give them but this means they have a bigger and better house when they do have to be put away.

Here's a few snaps of it but I'll probably add some more once the girls are settled in but they seem to like it so far :)

I plan to hang other things like veggies/weeds from string so they have to reach for them and I will probably be adding some paper in the little hut for them to dig in but they haven't ventured in there yet!

I'm sure some more toys like willow balls will end up in there too.

ETA: My step dad has also managed to fix the front room door so that I can actually close it which means I won't have to barricade myself in anymore! Basically my flat is wonky (don't ask!) so the door wouldn't shut and the girls learnt how to open it and although I do let them into the hall to run up and down the stairs they try to pull the carpet off the stairs so they have to be supervised! Plus it leads directly down to the front door so they could have escaped when I'd gone to let someone in. Another little thing that is going to make my life easier!

Last edited:
That's really lovely :D it looks very stylish! I love seeing house bunnies home ideas! I've always thought it'd be cool if I ever have a house with a large under stairs area to do something like this with perspex to give the bunnies their own area that can be shut off if ever needed, so it's cool to see something looking so good made in a similar way! I love seeing ways to integrate bunnies into a house so thanks for putting up photos :D

Fab. Wow I love it, what room are they in in your house? Just being nosey.

The front room. I had to move my desk into my bedroom and re-jig a load of stuff to fit it in. I've only got a one bed flat... My step dad jokes that I should just give the rabbits my bedroom and I can sleep on the sofa :lol:

Yay! I've been looking forward to seeing these pics! It looks great!

Can I ask what made you go for a mesh door panel rather then perspex? Did you glue the lino down? I'm sure it'll work out great for you and your girls. I love my Boyles pen and I'm sure you will too.

Yay! I've been looking forward to seeing these pics! It looks great!

Can I ask what made you go for a mesh door panel rather then perspex? Did you glue the lino down? I'm sure it'll work out great for you and your girls. I love my Boyles pen and I'm sure you will too.

I went for the mesh door because there's a window that side which is open most of the time so I thought it would give them a nice breeze - it gets quite warm in here in the Summer. Plus it meant I could attach their coop cup to the bottom!

We fitted the lino so it is underneath the panels so I don't think they are going to be able to pull it up!

I went for the mesh door because there's a window that side which is open most of the time so I thought it would give them a nice breeze - it gets quite warm in here in the Summer. Plus it meant I could attach their coop cup to the bottom!

We fitted the lino so it is underneath the panels so I don't think they are going to be able to pull it up!

Brilliant! :thumb:

That looks really good. I'm lucky in that my pair aren't destructive and that I have a separate dining room so they can free range in there but I'd definitely look at something like that if I move again and don't have the space.
What was it like to put up?

I really love it :) You must be over the moon. It was well worth the wait xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

That looks really good. I'm lucky in that my pair aren't destructive and that I have a separate dining room so they can free range in there but I'd definitely look at something like that if I move again and don't have the space.
What was it like to put up?

It was pretty easy to put together. I got my step dad to do it and he's quite handy but I think me and mum could have managed it.

I think they like it, they're on top binky form tonight :lol:

I need a new bed myself but bought this instead! Definite crazy bunny lady now :lol:

Back