• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet the bun I rescued today.... Poor little man...

WELL DONE YOU!

I must say he is very attractive isn't he? I expect now you've got the worst off he'll do a good job of grooming himself too. Hopefully the vet won't find anything too badly wrong either.

I can't believe people put that picture up on the internet. Lucky in a way that they did, so that you realised and managed to rescue him!

Oh my word, he is GORGEOUS. :love:
Who in the world does that to such a beautiful bunny? Or any animal for that matter?? :evil:
I sure hope the other can be brought out safely. Dexter looks wonderful under your care already! :thumb:
He was a good boy for his bath, eh? Wow. Wish I lived there. Want him. :D
Bless everyone involved in his rescue, well done! :D

Better than his foster mummy!!! He's a bit brighter and more relaxed. I'm nervous about the vets! Will update as soon as we get home at lunchtime. Hoping he won't need to stay in but not sure we'll get away with a fleeting visit :-/ xxx

Just sat and read the whole thread and thank goodness you rescued him. Makes my skin crawl to think what might have happened if he was left any longer.

Good luck at the vets.

Dexter is still not eating as well as I'd like but has been steadily nibbling on his hay all morning and has just had a good old chomp on some carrots that were donated in the playground. X

Good wishes for Dexter's vet visit today. (((((((((((((((((Dexter)))))))))))))))))))))
And comforting vibes for (((((((((((((((((((((((((((Autumn))))))))))))))))))))))
Hopefully it will be easier than you anticipate and you can both be back home quickly. :) xx

Just got back. Luckily they think his general health is fairly good. The matting on his face is too severe to do without him being sedated and although his front teeth seem okay he refused to let the vet look at the back ones. We've decided that the best course of action is to give him a week to settle in and start eating well and he is booked in next Wednesday to have his matts clipped out, teeth checked and be neutered all in one go. In the mean time I'll be giving him a more thorough bath this afternoon and giving his nails a trim. Hoping I'll be able to tease a few more matts out myself in the mean time. Again, thank you so much to everyone who is helping this little boy out!!!

What a lovely ending to a sad story. I should imagine the other rabbit is evidence anyway. They take so long to act, how can you have let him go on that like for another day.

He is totally gorgeous and you have done a brilliant job. I'm pleased you are getting help.

Looking forward to more pics of him. I bet he will feel even better by the end of next week.

You should be very proud of yourself for rescuing this poor boy and giving him such wonderful care. I hope he settles in and he gets on well at the vets nests week and feels like a new bunny!

Dexter you are now one very lucky and lovely bunny. You will have a wonderful new life and home with people who will love you and care for you properly.

Your life is just beginning!!!!! Have a great time and no doubt we will see more of you on RU.:love::love:

I had already posted on here although its not showing up!

Glad to hear your visit at the vet went well hopefully he eats better once he's settled and feeling at home. What a beautiful bunny, you've done the right thing taking him in.

Any idea what's happening with the RSPCA and the other rabbit?
Xx

They said they'd be in touch this afternoon but haven't been. I will be chasing them up tomorrow xxx

Back