• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet the bun I rescued today.... Poor little man...

He is most definitely a he. His plums are well and truly out there! Has been living with another entire male :-(

He is well away from the others Jane (in the conservatory) and I have designated a dexter jumper!

As housing was a major issue I put an appeal on a local fb sight along with pics of him and his story and some kind stranger has donated a 4ft hutch and attached permanent run for him. My faith in humanity is almost restored after such generosity x

I forgot to mention that when I spoke to the woman at 8am her daughter was getting dressed for school. When I arrive to pick him up the daughter had suddenly had to have a day off school. I got there and dexter was hopping around the kitchen. I seriously suspect that the daughter had been kept home from school to try and make dexter look half presentable with grooming etc....

I know..... I am convinces that they know you are trying to help them. Little chap was happily peri scoping in the sink during his bath and trying to get nose rubs!!!

:love:.... The poor bunny.. Lots of extra noserubs from us!! I am so delighted you rescued him!!!!!!

Happy forever home, wee man. Good luck at the V E T S

Fee xx

have the rspca seen pictures of him before he was washed etc?
If so I'd expect them to be going round to the house immediatly to see the condition of the other bunny,
He is beautiful and I do so hope that he doesn't have ongoing problems because of this mistreatment xxx

What a gorgeous little fella :love:

How on earth people can keep their animals in such dreadful conditions is totally beyond me.

Looking forward to more photo's of him enjoying his new life :D

have the rspca seen pictures of him before he was washed etc?
If so I'd expect them to be going round to the house immediatly to see the condition of the other bunny,
He is beautiful and I do so hope that he doesn't have ongoing problems because of this mistreatment xxx

I have printed out the advert and taken dozens of photos of him before his bath. I feel mean but I have also tried to do just enough to make him comfortable without hiding the state he is really in as the RSPCA will be talking to my vet tomorrow. The RSPCA have been informed that they have anothe era bit there. They also told me off for taking him instead of reporting the ad but I just couldn't leave him there. I was lying in bed at 3am crying for him!

At times like this you get so b****y frustrated with the RSPCA.. god only knows what could have happened overnight..... Poor wee soul.... he is safe now, x

I have printed out the advert and taken dozens of photos of him before his bath. I feel mean but I have also tried to do just enough to make him comfortable without hiding the state he is really in as the RSPCA will be talking to my vet tomorrow. The RSPCA have been informed that they have anothe era bit there. They also told me off for taking him instead of reporting the ad but I just couldn't leave him there. I was lying in bed at 3am crying for him!

I think the thing is, when faced with such obvious neglect, our natural instinct is to rescue the animal from such a situation, only natural. Also, how long would it realistically have been before the RSPCA could have visited and got the rabbit out of the situation?

Even if no action can be taken against the owner, bunny is now safe and happy and guaranteed a lovely life :D

Poor poor thing, I've just seen the advert, no wonder you had to rescue him, can't imagine the life the poor little mite was enduring.

I'm nearly in tears just thinking about him, how can people be so cruel to such innocent little creatures?

He's so lucky that you have saved him, you're an absolute gem - please give him a gentle nose rub from me xxx

Poor bun :cry: You did the right thing taking him. They would have let anybody have him, before the RSPCA would get out to them. It would be good if they could go and see the other bun though. Hope he gets on OK at the vets xx

:/

Don't feel mean you are perfectly right, if you clean him up too much they might just think you were over reacting.
D'you think they'll go and get other bunny? :(I hope so man :(

image-6.jpg

The advert I saw last night.

omg that does look like blood...

Thank you so much!!!

Poor little man!!!! You have done such a good thing getting him. Hopefully the blue cross will get to the other bunny. Can you pm me and let me knoaw happened? Well done! Cant wait to see the after pics xxx This forum is amazing.

I have been thinking about this poor bun all day, ever since I saw the disgusting state he was in last night. I am so glad you have taken him in. You have literally given him his life back. Thank goodness you found him. I absolutely dread to think what state the other bunny is in :(

I was just about to say they'd probably say they can't prosecute because you 'removed the evidence' not that they'd do anything anyway. Thank god for you xxxx I would of done exactly the same.

Back