• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet the bun I rescued today.... Poor little man...

:shock: what horrible conditions:cry:
:shock: soooo cute in his bath :love:
So pleased you saw that ad and rescued him.

You are Dexter's Angel.

Poor little man existing in that state. :cry:

Can't wait to see him when he's had lots of TLC and cuddles from you.

He's one lucky bunny!

:love:

Aww that is one lucky bunny that you found him. Give him an extra cuddle from me. Wishing you lots of luck at the vets xx

He is going to be a real stunner, so pleased he is safe and sound with you :thumb:

I'm totally overwhelmed by the kindness of total strangers in response to my begging request of a spare hutch. People have donated dexter a hutch and run, bedding, food, hay, newspaper, carrots and I have had so may people ask to contribute to vets fees and send PayPal payments towards them. People are amazing. He's really captured their hearts xxx

i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz194/Autumn81/image-12.jpg[/IMG]

Two baths later and still smelling like a sewer but seeming a bit brighter after some hay and cuddles

image-12.jpg

Poor little man!!!! You have done such a good thing getting him. Hopefully the blue cross will get to the other bunny. Can you pm me and let me knoaw happened? Well done! Cant wait to see the after pics xxx This forum is amazing.

Well done for first spotting him, just think if you hadn't been browsing and then hadn't posted it on here, he would still be there x

Well done for first spotting him, just think if you hadn't been browsing and then hadn't posted it on here, he would still be there x

Im so glad he's been rehomed, i couldnt sleep last night, i was crying in bed as well :cry:, its been playing on my mind today, i now know why ppl dont look on them. He will have a lovely home now, he looks a total stunner now he's been bathed what a gorgeous boy!!!! I just dont understand why ppl keep animals in such awful conditions. So happy he is safe now, well done! :thumb:

I just saw this & it actually made me cry...it's awf to think someone could do that to an animal...considering how easy maintenance their fur is & how well groomed they keep themselves its frightening to think how long he had been neglected to get in that state :( It's amazing that he has fallen into your hands & is now going to get the love & attention he deserves...what a beautiful bunny...good job!! :love:

Oh my, that does look like blood, I feel very ill now. I am glad that you got Dexter out, but the fact that there is still another bun in there :censored::censored:

Sending love.

Do you know what.... I hadn't even noticed it but yes. It definitely looks like blood :-(

I'm so pleased you have rescued this bun. I was told the same by the RSPCA that by rescuing the 7 buns we took from the 'rescue' that I had destroyed evidence however the volunteer there openly told me that the fox was coming in to the barn nightly to 'take something' and whilst I was there one of the buns was killed by the barn cats. I couldn't risk leaving any bun there a minute longer.

I hope your new little boy will blossom with you and that the bun left with the other person is rescued too - keep on at the RSPCA, you could also contact the previous owner again and ask for the other bun.

Good luck :wave:

Aww he is a wee smasher!!! i bet you if he can speak, he would be saying

"thank you Mummy, i feel much better!:love:"

I am so so so happy for Dexter and so happy that you were able to rescue him from a terrible fate. He looks absolutely stunning, his colouring is amazing! Bless him and bless you!

Back