• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Savannah Honeybunny. Gone to her forever home!

Poor little girl :cry: You can tell just from looking at her that shes not aggressive :roll: Some people should NOT be allowed to keep pets :evil:

Id love to see some pics of her in her new home :wave::love:

Well the beautiful Savannah has settled in well, eaten a good amount of hay overnight & filled her litter bowl :D:D

Here is the lovely lady enjoying her breakfast this morning :love::love:

Savanahseatingbrekki012.jpg

Savanahseatingbrekki004.jpg

Savanahseatingbrekki010.jpg

:love::love::love:

Savannah will be checked over by the vet asap, vaccinated and booked if for a spey. She will then be looking for her forever home :love::wave::love:

Last edited:
Oh i am so glad that your friend seen her and got in contact with you. Why on earth do people just not care enough to treat their animals well :(

Wee soul is definately in a super place now :)

Thank crumbs she's found you. She is adorable and has certainly landed on all four paws.

Those first pictures have upset me, but the last pictures have made me smile. :love:

Thank you for rescuing her :wave:

It is lovely to see her enjoying her breakfast, in a clean home, with the sun shining on her. The hutch looks totally different!! I hope she finds her forever home soon.

Yet another example of the absolutely awesome work rescues do.

Jen, you rock.

As for the person who informed you of her plight, well done to her for taking action.

As for the person keeping her. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, well it was, but im sure she just didnt know what to do, although cleaning would have helped...but i've seen worse myself.

Yet another example of the absolutely awesome work rescues do.

Jen, you rock.

As for the person who informed you of her plight, well done to her for taking action.

As for the person keeping her. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, well it was, but im sure she just didnt know what to do, although cleaning would have helped...but i've seen worse myself.

:oops::lol: Never had that said to me before, wow! Thanks! :oops: Really I don't though... and I've just done what rescues do - day in, day out :(

I feel very lucky to be part of such a great team that is Honeybunnies and it is only because of Jills backing & depth of experience that I was able to rescue this lovely rabbit.

It will be a year tomorrow since we lost our own very special house bun Inca. I could never have imagined that a year on, close to the anniversary of her death, I would be doing my own first "rescue". What a life changing bunny she was and what a legacy she left behind :love::love:

ETA: I was actually told about this bun over 6 months ago but despite going round and talking to the owner (the husband), they weren't interested in handing her over & so, being powerless to do anything I left them with some information on rabbit care but had to walk away :cry: TBH, when I heard that the bun was still alive (I fully expected her to have died in the cold winter we had) I was round there like a shot. I wasn't allowed to see the rabbit before, only had a description and so didn't really know how good/bad things were but knowing that the hutch hadn't moved for at least 6 months I was very concerned about the possibility of fly strike.

Last edited:
I was actually told about this bun over 6 months ago but despite going round and talking to the owner (the husband), they weren't interested in handing her over & so, being powerless to do anything I left them with some information on rabbit care but had to walk away :cry: TBH, when I heard that the bun was still alive (I fully expected her to have died in the cold winter we had) I was round there like a shot. I wasn't allowed to see the rabbit before, only had a description and so didn't really know how good/bad things were but knowing that the hutch hadn't moved for at least 6 months I was very concerned about the possibility of fly strike.

Savannah is one lucky bunny to have survived that 6 months and I bet she can't believe her good fortune now she has a clean house and plenty food. :love:

And I agree - you rock!

What a beautiful bun! You can just tell she has a gorgeous nature! :love:
She'll be snapped up in no time :love: :love: :love:

What a beautiful bun! You can just tell she has a gorgeous nature! :love:
She'll be snapped up in no time :love: :love: :love:

I really do hope so. Re-homing is very slow again :( We hope that Rabbit Awareness Week will channel some folks in our direction & that our Fundraiser this Monday will also reach out to some new potential homes :love:

She is gorgeous. It brings a tear to my eye and that is mainly Jill's comment that she has seen worse! Blooming heck! At least she had a bit of a run, for what it's worth, but thank you so much for getting her. I wish I had more room but I really am soon to be full to the brim. Maybe she was only aggressive because of boredom and the fact that the woman clearly didn't love her as she deserved.

She is gorgeous. It brings a tear to my eye and that is mainly Jill's comment that she has seen worse! Blooming heck! At least she had a bit of a run, for what it's worth, but thank you so much for getting her. I wish I had more room but I really am soon to be full to the brim. Maybe she was only aggressive because of boredom and the fact that the woman clearly didn't love her as she deserved.

I don't think she was ever aggressive. I think this was an excuse given her owners for not bothering with her. You know "oh we don't clean her out very often because we can't get near her" ...... :(:(

That made me cry :cry::cry: With both sadness and despair seeing those pictures and absolute happiness just to know that right now she has food, water, shelter and love - thank you so much for rescuing her Fluffers :love:

I fill up every time I look at her :love: Tell you what, whoever has her is in for a real treat. She doesn't chew (and given how bored & fed up she must have been I find this incredible), she is super immaculate (again, given where she has been living you would expect a dirty bum), she litter trained herself in 5 seconds flat :shock: she is lovely natured and eats EVERYTHING you put in front her :D:lol::love:

I'm hoping to talk to Jill later so that we can arrange for her to be checked over by the vet & vaccinated. I'm going to weigh her later so that I can monitor this too. I just want to cuddle her :love: but I'm leaving her in peace as much as possible. She's right outside the kitchen window so I keep checking on her from there :D

Last edited:
Back