• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Jasper Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to pics of the new arrivals :D I Know of only 1 of other breeder of red Nethies, I absolutely love them :love:

Awww a cute bunny:love: can't say I'm overawed about the colour or the fact that he doesn't look all that different to any other Nethies to me - I'd be really against importing an animal from Holland (in terms of the distance it has to travel) just because of the 'look' of it and of course I'm a bit anti breeding when there are thousands of equally gorgeous non-pure bred rabbits sitting waiting for loving homes but, hey ho we are all different. I'm sure your doing it for the 'right' reasons in your mind.:wave:

how far is holland?i know a woman who imported a french lop and shed paid hundreds get it over here and it died 3weeks later :(

overnight ferry i think

+ the car journey's to the ferry ports - it's just my personal opinion, it's something I would only consider if it was me emigrating taking a much loved pet that I couldn't stand to leave behind - not to 'acquire' something a bit different to breed from.:wave:

very pretty rabbit, i have thrianta and its a lovly colour :D
i think if the rabbit is travelled safely and gone to a loving home its fine, not everyone wants a rescue rabbit, if you want a certain breed its up to person, and if no rabbits was bred no one would have bunnies, but thats just my opinion :)

very pretty rabbit, i have thrianta and its a lovly colour :D
i think if the rabbit is travelled safely and gone to a loving home its fine, not everyone wants a rescue rabbit, if you want a certain breed its up to person, and if no rabbits was bred no one would have bunnies, but thats just my opinion :)

Cool nothing like stating the obvious :lol: I think the second bit about the no rabbits being bred is a tad far fetched though don't you given that there are already thousands in rescue's and thousands being bred - personally I wouldn't be able to justify bringing a rabbit all the way from Holland because of the way it looked - as you say though clearly there are people like you and Raven's rexes who have no problems in their minds that it is an ethical thing to do:wave:

i wouldnt do it my self but if a person wants too and they are looking after the rabbit and its gone to good home its fine, 3 of my rabbits are rescues 2 was bought from a show breeder :)

i wouldnt do it my self but if a person wants too and they are looking after the rabbit and its gone to good home its fine, 3 of my rabbits are rescues 2 was bought from a show breeder :)

It's fine for you yes, I get that, I don't like it or see it as a necessary or an ethical thing to do - we are all different though in what we see as being 'good' for animals I suppose. :wave:

Hmmm...he's very cute but TBH, I've never been bothered about the breed of buns, we just had ours because we liked them! Didn't really know what Eddie was anyway, he was just our Eddie! ;)

VickyP just to put your concerned ethical mind at ease it wasnt me that Imported Jaspers Parents it was another breeder i dont have the first clue on how to import.
Yes these will be shown, and as always will be my pet to;)

Not My usual posting bunny breed so enjoy a rare treat:D:lol:
cowsandjasper015.jpg

[
:wave::D:D

Are you selling this one? there is an identical one for sale on the free ads :cry:
http://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/pets/ra...ts&utm_medium=Yakaz&utm_term=netherland_dwarf

Jasper & his wifey are beautiful & I've no doubt their kits will be :love:

However, I just find this all incredibly selfish - whether breeding to sell them or breeding them to show them :(

When will folk not realise we just don't need anymore bunnies in this world to add the thousands upon thousands in rescues & sanctuaries desparately waiting for their forever home :(

Why can't humans put animal needs first before their own 'wants?' :?

However, I just find this all incredibly selfish - whether breeding to sell them or breeding them to show them :(

When will folk not realise we just don't need anymore bunnies in this world to add the thousands upon thousands in rescues & sanctuaries desparately waiting for their forever home :(

I don't think that many show breeders would adopt rescue bunnies anyway although I know of some who do. :) So the rescue rabbits would still be looking for homes anyway. I don't think raven rex is selling for pets, I think for show? xx

I have to echo this sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back