• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Medium to large scale rabbit housing - construction plans?

Re: Medium to large scale rabbit housing - construction plan

Denny said:
Having said this, if you are housing your buns inside i would consider buying second hand kids plastic houses like 'little tykes country contage' you can pick them up in good condition second hand for around £10.00 plus they are easy to clean and have height which you will definately need for biiiiigggggg buns.

Sorry meant £20.00 but you can also furnish it with kids table and chairs inside so bunny has something to jump onto and can look out of windows :lol:

Denny said:
Denny said:
Having said this, if you are housing your buns inside i would consider buying second hand kids plastic houses like 'little tykes country contage' you can pick them up in good condition second hand for around £10.00 plus they are easy to clean and have height which you will definately need for biiiiigggggg buns.

Sorry meant £20.00 but you can also furnish it with kids table and chairs inside so bunny has something to jump onto and can look out of windows :lol:

Or he/she can invite his/her friends round for a tea party :lol:

Angela

Thumps said:
Or he/she can invite his/her friends round for a tea party :lol:

Ours would probably sub-let to earn some extra carrot money.

Bertie said:
Tamsin said:
I think some people have used these to make housing - http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/donate/rabbitrun.asp sort of like giant cubes!

I'm thinking of getting those for the garden when we move. Most runs I've looked at are a bit on the short side and my bunnies like to have a good stretch and a look at the world around them. I thought I could use those pegged into the ground and then cover with some netting to keep any unwanted neighbourhood cats out and then there'd be plenty of room inside for some toys and a little house. Plus they'd make a donation with my order. :D

Once we've got them we could always have a play around and see what we can build. And I suppose it would be possible to combine them with the smaller cubes made into ramps and tunnels.

When I get around to it, I'll post pictures what James and I have built. We have those green panels for the outside run, but we also used them to build the indoor runs. I use cheap carpet tiles for the floor. This works really well and they are light enough to move around when you have to muck out.

Back