• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Manage to eat with a rabbit

KCG

Warren Veteran
How do you manage to eat with your rabbit? :lol: Cookie doesn't leave me alone whenever I have something to eat on the sofa. He is constantly trying to reach for the food, always reaching up to my mouth and sniffing, sitting on my lap. :lol: It is very difficult to eat or drink tea while watching something on TV, how is it for you? :lol:

I think that can be a problem with most free range bunnies. I had that problem with everyone of my house bunnies.
Julie was big rabbit. She couldn't run fast but ate gobbled food super fast. She couldn't jump onto furniture but would bite your feet until you dropped it or if you actually dropped any food on the floor she ran out of no where and grabbed it. One day she grabbed an apple off the floor. I manged to get it at the same time but it was a tug of war and she won. I had to chase her around to get it back. It was half an apple and most of it was gone when I got it back.
She circled our feet when ever we cooked. My husband got supper fast at grabbing any fallen food so she then started gobbling the food before she even knew what it was. She accidentally ate salmon one day and turkey another.
She looked like she was gagging afterwards but that didn't stop her from doing it again.
Another bunny a small Netherland dwarf that could jump onto all furniture and could run at a hundred miles an hour. He would hide when I ate on the couch and do a mad dash. Sometimes even grabbing the food right out of my mouth.:lol:
Now Susie would climb in my lap and be all sweet and loving. She would and try to grab but wait ............if I said no she would beg again she never snatched.:lol:

Last edited:
We always sit on the grass at my parents house in summer. We have garden furniture, but we always liked to sit on the floor, especially when the pets were out and about. I remember one day, my mum had brought a pint out, and just set it down next to her on the grass. I watched as Sonic came up to the glass, stick his face over the top, and start lapping up the classiest of beers - a Stella :lol:

He also once ate kids garden chalk? My grandad said "erm, is he supposed to be eating that?". That bloody rabbit was bold as brass. He owned our garden, and next doors, in his opinion and anything he could eat was fair game. I miss that little rat bag!

I think that can be a problem with most free range bunnies. I had that problem with everyone of my house bunnies.
Julie was big rabbit. She couldn't run fast but ate gobbled food super fast. She couldn't jump onto furniture but would bite your feet until you dropped it or if you actually dropped any food on the floor she ran out of no where and grabbed it. One day she grabbed an apple off the floor. I manged to get it at the same time but it was a tug of war and she won. I had to chase her around to get it back. It was half an apple and most of it was gone when I got it back.
She circled our feet when ever we cooked. My husband got supper fast at grabbing any fallen food so she then started gobbling the food before she even knew what it was. She accidentally ate salmon one day and turkey another.
She looked like she was gagging afterwards but that didn't stop her from doing it again.
Another bunny a small Netherland dwarf that could jump onto all furniture and could run at a hundred miles an hour. He would hide when I ate on the couch and do a mad dash. Sometimes even grabbing the food right out of my mouth.:lol:
Now Susie would climb in my lap and be all sweet and loving. She would and try to grab but wait ............if I said no she would beg again she never snatched.:lol:

Oh :lol: I am a person who cooks a lot. Cookie now knows this and waits with me in the kitchen, and I feed him while I cut vegetables. :lol: Sometimes I find him standing in front of the refrigerator, sometimes even standing and stuck to the refrigerator. :lol: I no longer enjoy drinking tea and eating on the sofa, I have to do everything at the table. When I eat at the table, he goes up on the sofas and tries to see what I'm eating from above. :lol: (He's a half Dutch dwarf) So I understand well what you are talking about:D

We always sit on the grass at my parents house in summer. We have garden furniture, but we always liked to sit on the floor, especially when the pets were out and about. I remember one day, my mum had brought a pint out, and just set it down next to her on the grass. I watched as Sonic came up to the glass, stick his face over the top, and start lapping up the classiest of beers - a Stella :lol:

He also once ate kids garden chalk? My grandad said "erm, is he supposed to be eating that?". That bloody rabbit was bold as brass. He owned our garden, and next doors, in his opinion and anything he could eat was fair game. I miss that little rat bag!

Beer? Really? I wonder if she shows signs of drunk afterward. :lol:

Chase is actually really good. He will jump up and watch me eat then he jumps back down and goes for his own food.
I've tested him a few times to see what he would do he has a sniff and though you know he is thinking oh that would taste nice. He resists any temptation and doesn't go for it

Chase is actually really good. He will jump up and watch me eat then he jumps back down and goes for his own food.
I've tested him a few times to see what he would do he has a sniff and though you know he is thinking oh that would taste nice. He resists any temptation and doesn't go for it

Haha I think you are very lucky. :D

Back