• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making noises whilst eating cecals?

If it was me now I'd just rush her off to the vet, but I'm not suggesting you do this.

I will say that after Hugh had a bladder stone the size of a grape :shock: removed I am less concerned with the whole 'he seems normal' thing and much more twitchy because Hugh was FINE up until he had a wet bottom for three days (Day one I thought he had just had an episode in the carrier coming back from his hotel after we got back from holiday, day two I was worried but thought 'Keep an eye' day three -VET) and the thing must have been growing for months and months. He never showed any change in behaviour, was eating well, and drinking well and pooing well and binkying normally and demanding nose rubs and sitting normally.....I think he had maybe two off days where he didn't rush for the food bowl like normal, but when he did that I sat and watched him for an hour or so and he was eating hay and then eating food in his own time so I thought he was just in a bunny mood!

Anyway my point is that even though he seems perfectly normal I think that sometimes is deceiving...

Normally I would take her to the vets come Monday, but she has been checked over by a vet several times already for various things. (Last being ear mites which. I think, was caused by stress). If she was wet or mucky or producing excess cecals and continually producing wet poos, I'd be very worried...but she isn't. I can totally understand about being worried when something like that happened to your bun. Tbh, you can't have known something was up until he showed the symptoms.
Did Hugh recover ok?

She has just produced a lovely pile of poo. This is what most of her poos are like, just with the odd large, black and wettish one. If her poos weren't like this most of the time, I'd be more worried.

Poo pic below!

Only on RU do you find threads about poo. :lol:

Not only on RU, but to be honest there is a wealth of poo talk here it's true :-D

Hugh's fine, thank you for asking. He was a favourite at the vets with everyone, and even the vet said if she hadn't seen the x-ray herself she would never have thought it was possible for him to have a stone THAT BIG with the way he was eating and flirting with the vet nurses. Apparently it was wedged into the wall of his bladder, so wasn't stopping him peeing until it was big enough to block the passage which was why he was dribbling in the last three days before his surgery.

I do hear what you're saying about having been to the vet and things seeming normal, but if they weren't looking for a problem are you sure they would have found one when they checked her last? Plus if Jane says vet I'm inclined to put my money on that being the best course :thumb:

Not only on RU, but to be honest there is a wealth of poo talk here it's true :-D

Hugh's fine, thank you for asking. He was a favourite at the vets with everyone, and even the vet said if she hadn't seen the x-ray herself she would never have thought it was possible for him to have a stone THAT BIG with the way he was eating and flirting with the vet nurses. Apparently it was wedged into the wall of his bladder, so wasn't stopping him peeing until it was big enough to block the passage which was why he was dribbling in the last three days before his surgery.

I do hear what you're saying about having been to the vet and things seeming normal, but if they weren't looking for a problem are you sure they would have found one when they checked her last? Plus if Jane says vet I'm inclined to put my money on that being the best course :thumb:

Vet had a good feel of her tum, checked her ears, teeth and listened to her chest and heart. I will take her to the vets soon anyway; I need some more metacam. It's most definitely not urgent, though. She has had a good day today and been very settled with no funny poos or loud guts and posing for my camera, so I will keep a close eye on her. If she continues to make those noises or produce the stains, I will pop her to the vets next week when I get a spare 2 hours :roll:. I'm going to weigh her as well and make sure she isn't losing weight. She's got really thick fur, so it's quite difficult to judge if she feels skinnier.

Well I got up this morning to find the vet bed I had put in last night after cleaning it, was absolutely covered in stains. I think somebody had also peed on it, but the majority of the stains look like they are from poo/cecals. There wee a lot of large, wet, black poos again, so I think I'm going to have to pop her to the vet this week. :(

I honestly don't know what they can do, or what tests could be done, but I am getting worried. She is still fine in herself and eating fine. :?

Best to get her back to the vets to get a through check out. Doughnut didn't have black poos, just a bit of that liquid.

Hope there's a quick solution, good luck at the vets, let us know what they find. x

Back