• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lump near spay wound? :(

Just to update, saw William, he thinks it'll be reabsorbed now and isn't worried so I'm glad about that, gunna still keep a close eye on it tho :) here she is being the best girl ever just now [emoji7]
6d8c1dacb347175ffdcf7908c44a54f0.jpg
1b025ede5a1ce0da46821d9219023157.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Great news :D

Lord H is a Metacam junkie too, he almost snatches the syringe out of my hand [emoji38]

Yea we even do the baytril like this mixed with apple stuff ofc [emoji38]

Also happy, William said on Saturday to put them back outside and give them all their space back :) they'll be very pleased :D

That's such good news :D Gosh it must be so much easier to dispense meds like that. None of mine have ever done this, even with Metacam. The nearest I got was with Tan, who didn't struggle to have it after being picked up, but she would not have had it like this.

I hope you find that the lump goes away soon. They'll enjoy having their extra space:)

Just to update, saw William, he thinks it'll be reabsorbed now and isn't worried so I'm glad about that, gunna still keep a close eye on it tho :) here she is being the best girl ever just now [emoji7]
6d8c1dacb347175ffdcf7908c44a54f0.jpg
1b025ede5a1ce0da46821d9219023157.jpg

I was thinking of you and wondering how you'd got on.

Great news, though I bet you'll still have that little worry there until it's completely disappeared.

Mine love to take Metacam like that - it's so much easier when you don't have to hold them! :)

That's such good news :D Gosh it must be so much easier to dispense meds like that. None of mine have ever done this, even with Metacam. The nearest I got was with Tan, who didn't struggle to have it after being picked up, but she would not have had it like this.

I hope you find that the lump goes away soon. They'll enjoy having their extra space:)

Yes I'm really pleased :) yea only other buns that have been like this is Clementine and Apricot [emoji38] Clementine would take baytril (without anything added) and tramadol (nothing added) like this too, which I thought was really odd, because they're both supposed to taste terrible [emoji38]

I'm so happy they'll be able to go back out to have all their space back, makes me so happy seeing them zoom about, they're so so active [emoji7]

I was thinking of you and wondering how you'd got on.

Great news, though I bet you'll still have that little worry there until it's completely disappeared.

Mine love to take Metacam like that - it's so much easier when you don't have to hold them! :)

Yea, knowing me I'll still be a little worried til it's gone, but I'm hopeful :)

Back