• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Loss & Bonding

Gosh that sounds so harsh! The male is Pumpkin who is already bonded to Molly (female). I'm trying to introduce Bloo (female) and that sounds exactly like what he is doing.

The trouble is, I'm not sure whether to put Bloo through this as she has a terrible history with a bun being aggressive to her and it took her so long to trust. She has also just lost her partner.

Bloo has to learn that Pumpkin is the dominant bun and then, if she submits, all should be well, but it can take a few days. The males never hurt the females, just chase them, might pull a bit of fur, chase them away from food, maybe mount them. This is why I like to give rabbits that I am bonding as much space as I can, so it's much fairer on the females in that they can keep running away until the hierarchy is established.

Thank you. So would you push on if you had my buns?

Bloo goes straight to her room once bonding is over and always seems lonely, she'll go look for them too. They do come and see her (through the fence) but I'm now unsure if they're just trying to steal her bedroom :lol:

But Bloo and whoever she lives with will have to sort their hierarchy out by chasing, fur pulling etc.

Bloo has had two bonds since she's been with us and has been dominant in both so I would probably take her dating for a submissive bun but I guess that may be just as stressful as doing this trio bond?

I'm so torn. Just want to do what's best for her.

Personally I would give it another week using the space on the photograph - not Bloo's room. I think, looking at the photo, that they could very well get along, given time. Is Pumpkin the sandy bunny?

He is, yes. Bloo is black and Molly is white.

Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it. I know I'm best placed to judge if it's working or not because I know the bunnies but sometimes that can make me miss things because I'm being far too sensitive about it all and someone from the outside looking in is exactly what we need.

I really hope I don't put her through all of this only to find that they leave her out of everything once they're bonded and I have to get her a partner anyway :roll:

Back