• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Losing Bumble

Oh thank you everyone you are so lovely.
She is a bit better than when I first posted i did panic a bit but I think she was still recovering from the sedation. Although of course she is still very poorly and it is a case of seeing how it goes each day. But I did wonder if she'd still be here today and she is. I think I'm just expecting her one day to suddenly go downhill, which will probably happen still. But till then we've still got her ❤️

Try to live as Bumble is, 'in the moment'. She has no idea of the fact that she has a terminal illness and as long as she feels 'OK' within herself then she is not in the least bit worried. It is easier said than done, I know, Having cared for numerous terminally ill Rabbits over the years. But try to take some comfort in the fact that she is oblivious to the fact that she has cancer and consequently to her it is not a problem xx

I agree with Jane, but I would add that what Bumble knows more than anything, is that her life is continually filled with love, adoration, care and to that end, her life is as she deserves and as she wants it. And as long as Bumble wakes up to start each day with all the above boxes ticked, than her day will be perfect.
Continuing to send hugs to you and your very special girl. xx

Oh thank you everyone you are so lovely.
She is a bit better than when I first posted i did panic a bit but I think she was still recovering from the sedation. Although of course she is still very poorly and it is a case of seeing how it goes each day. But I did wonder if she'd still be here today and she is. I think I'm just expecting her one day to suddenly go downhill, which will probably happen still. But till then we've still got her ❤️

Panic? What is that (says the person who took Dash to the vet twice in one day)? I often struggle with what I should do/not do when my bunny is not himself/herself. Just know that there can be more than one right answer.

As someone who has experienced both opposites-- a bunny slowly faltering, and a bunny being fine one minute and gone the next, without warning--I know there is no good choice for everyone.

Sending you and Bumble more positive vibes.

Thank you everyone. Life is so hard at the minute. For various reasons.
She's still here enjoying life though so maybe she'll surprise us with how long she's here
And she makes me happy seeing her face

Thank you everyone. Life is so hard at the minute. For various reasons.
She's still here enjoying life though so maybe she'll surprise us with how long she's here
And she makes me happy seeing her face

And you make her feel safe and loved, what more could a Bunny ask for :love: Lots of TLC is as important as any medicine when giving palliative care xx

Maybe it's the new medicine (pain relief) we've put her on as well as her old one.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I am warmed to read that Bumble is continuing to enjoy life - she is giving you love as much as she is getting it from you. They can always surprise us and clearly she is making the most of every day. Wonderful. :love:

You say that Bumble makes you smile. I am sure she is just as glad to see you too. Bunnies know when they are loved.

I’m so sorry:cry: I’m sure your vet will help decide if that’s the best for her now.

I’m thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I think I need to do it today

I'm so scared

If Bumble is telling you that she needs to go then you will find the courage to grant her that final wish. It wont be 'giving up' on her or not doing enough to try to help her. It will be a final act of true love and care for a Rabbit who has been a huge part of your life.

When I get to the end of my life and there is no hope that palliative care will keep me comfortable I really hope that the laws regarding human euthanasia are changed within the UK. Arranging an assisted peaceful passing, when all hope of beneficial treatment has gone, is the ultimate act of kindness, IMO. It is so very hard to do, but it is part of being a compassionate care giver to a much loved Pet. Letting them go frees them from any more pain or suffering, but of course it causes us the most awful heartbreak.

You will do whatever is right for Bumble, because you love her and you know her better than anyone else

(((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))) xx

Back