• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lone bunny

moi

Mama Doe
Hello all. Its been a long while since I've been here. I now have 1 remaining rabbit. He is 10 years old and his buddy passed away last month. How can I make life comfortable for him living alone? Bringing him in is not an option.

I am sorry for your recent loss.I would contact some local Rescues who might have a Rabbit you can long term Foster rather than fully adopt. This is done on condition they will take the Rabbit back when the elderly Rabbit passes. Personally I don’t think any outdoor Rabbit should live alone.

IMO doing this or having the elderly Rabbit live indoors are the only two options that I believe meet the Welfare needs of the elderly Rabbit.

I am sorry for your recent loss.I would contact some local Rescues who might have a Rabbit you can long term Foster rather than fully adopt. This is done on condition they will take the Rabbit back when the elderly Rabbit passes. Personally I don’t think any outdoor Rabbit should live alone.

IMO doing this or having the elderly Rabbit live indoors are the only two options that I believe meet the Welfare needs of the elderly Rabbit.

Would they do the bonding also? With work and my partners MS getting worse I have not got the time (or patience) to go through the bonding process myself.

Would they do the bonding also? With work and my partners MS getting worse I have not got the time (or patience) to go through the bonding process myself.

Some Rescues may do. Alternatively you could see if you could locate a Sanctuary who might be able to offer your Rabbit an indoor home so at least he would have some company.

Back