• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

london excel show 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think supplying a garden centre is either and this isn't attacking anyone this is stating an opinion:?

And I think by saying rescues are doing the same job as breeders you have shown a great lack of awareness...

Perhaps look up some of the old threads about some of the rescue cases on here....search for "Oxford Lops" (Greenfields co-ordintated this huge rescue)..Snowy's "Mack and Mabel"...and some of our individual ones.. "Treasure" ,"The Dreadful Day " rabbits, "Chocolate"..and these are just a few that we have been involved in
All Other rescues have similar, and sadly some much worse:cry: stories ...

Last edited:
Yes and in my OPINION, using helpless animals and their even more helpless babies as a 'fun hobby' is immoral - animals and children need our protection, not to be used, sold, exploited and passed around by hobbyists.

I do not think supplying a garden centre is either and this isn't attacking anyone this is stating an opinion:?

And I think by saying rescues are doing the same job as breeders you have shown a great lack of awareness...

Perhaps look up some of the old threads about some of the rescue cases on here....search for "Oxford Lops" (Greenfields co-ordintated this huge rescue)..Snowy's "Mack and Mabel"...and some of our individual ones.. "Treasure" ,"The Dreadful Day " rabbits, "Chocolate"..and these are just a few that we have been involved in
All Other rescues have similar, and sadly some much worse:cry: stories ...

Couldn't agree more Jill, there are loads of threads like those you have mentioned and what about this one, after all it was a BREEDER who was a member of the BRC

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=92336

Yes and in my OPINION, using helpless animals and their even more helpless babies as a 'fun hobby' is immoral - animals and children need our protection, not to be used, sold, exploited and passed around by hobbyists.

At the risk of getting yet another infraction I have to say that I totally agree with you Elve

Before anyone says I shouldn't have read the post, the title gives NO warning for the absolute horrors that await to be read, so now I have entered this thread, I feel the need to express my feelings.;)

The main reason RU exists is because of impulse buying at garden centres and petstores, and just because yours...well some are pedigree buns, doesn't make you any different, and plenty have rung rabbits in their rescues. For this reason, I am so so upset at some of the things you have said on this post, especially the post where you compared your selling off rabbits to the 'selling' of buns at rescues with numerous :lol: smilies. I find that highly offensive.

This isn't an attack either, but I personally think we both have a different type of love for rabbits. Your love seems to be based on what you can get from them, hence you create more, and call it a 'hobby'. My love for horse riding as a hobby is very different from the love I have for my animals.:?

Last edited:
Can I just ask? Is no one realising that Raven Rex is goading you all?!?!?
Im really surprised so many people have taken his/her bait :shock:

Im not going to the show, I don't agree with breeding or showing. :D

yes i did occur to me, however i still wanted to try and explain certain facts incase it would make a difference....

I disagree - I think she really does believe that what she does to animals is fine and is determined to convince us all too - fat chance :?

With particular reference back to posts 57 and 58, personally I'd love a belgian hare to go with all our other breeds and periodically check RR to see if any are available and in two years I've not see one appear. And that, in itself, is my point. I belong to this forum that is affiliated to Rabbit Rehome because it is a forum affiliated to the rehoming of impulse (pet shops and garden centres) and discarded rabbits.
I think, by and large, responsible breeders are tolerated and on personal basises are welcome (cashmincal for one) but where do breeders who are claiming to try and keep a rabbit line going then selling off their excess stock to garden centres fit into all this? Surely if those breeders were that concerned about the line wouldn't they all be in regular touch with each other, swapping babies from different lines to ensure the strength and quality of the breed? Apparently not, they'd rather flog them off to a garden centre :rolleyes: .
Next time I see an advert for belgian hare babies not quite up to show standard but would make great pets I'll go along to my local rescue and give a second chance to that plain black medium rabbit that's been sat there for months and I think that sums up most people's views on here. I could be wrong though :roll: .

Neil

I have no comment on breeding, but its not right for someone to make tongue in cheek comparisons with Rescues and Breeders. If you are unsure what happens at them maybe you could visit your local rehoming centre.

It will help you to understand why a lot of people on RU are negative emotional about breeding. You will also see some of the unwanted cuties for yourself :(

My rehoming centre asked for a £16 donation. For this they housed him, fed him, neutered him, gave him Myxi jab and bonded him with my rabbit for 7days, fed her too and did a home visit!!!! Of course i gave them more than £16 :D

With particular reference back to posts 57 and 58, personally I'd love a belgian hare to go with all our other breeds and periodically check RR to see if any are available and in two years I've not see one appear. And that, in itself, is my point. I belong to this forum that is affiliated to Rabbit Rehome because it is a forum affiliated to the rehoming of impulse (pet shops and garden centres) and discarded rabbits.
I think, by and large, responsible breeders are tolerated and on personal basises are welcome (cashmincal for one) but where do breeders who are claiming to try and keep a rabbit line going then selling off their excess stock to garden centres fit into all this? Surely if those breeders were that concerned about the line wouldn't they all be in regular touch with each other, swapping babies from different lines to ensure the strength and quality of the breed? Apparently not, they'd rather flog them off to a garden centre :rolleyes: .
Next time I see an advert for belgian hare babies not quite up to show standard but would make great pets I'll go along to my local rescue and give a second chance to that plain black medium rabbit that's been sat there for months and I think that sums up most people's views on here. I could be wrong though :roll: .

Neil

Well said Neil!

I don't think he/she is goading us at all. However i do think that he/she is very young, which makes me even more worried :?

I don't think he/she is goading us at all. However i do think that he/she is very young, which makes me even more worried :?

You are right she is not goading us, she really believes what she is doing is right and she is not that young as she used to work for Pets at Home and is now working for security at a London airport

When I answered the question about rescues asking for a donation, do you know what, I did think that... but then I gave RR the benefit of the doubt :? and ook what happened there.

On a more personal matter, can I ask how old you are Raven Rex?

I think this thing should stop here, everyone is getting very wound up and some people aren't helping, I find it very childish.

RU is most certainly based around rescue rabbits even though they say it's welcome to all. I bought Bobbin from a breeder, but having joined this community I now know better. Who knows, maybe even breeders themselves will come round ;)

I'm not sure how to make this any more clear to you. Making judgements on another member, talking about them like they're not there and attacking them is not okay just be because you happen not to like what they do. Those are the forum rules and they are for everyone not just for people involved in rescue.

You can disagree with someone and still have enough respect for the forum to remain polite whilst you do it. In fact if you do that then to me your opinion holds more weigh than if you just start b@tching at them because that just makes me switch off to anything relevant you might have to say.

Tamsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back