• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

london excel show 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a kid's pet rabbit show on the Sunday. I'm going to go along on the sunday as this sounds lovely!

I agree with the above post by bunlover. I don't generally agree with breeding, but as long as the bunnies do not breed constantly and all aspects of their health and happiness are taken into account then I am not so against it. I would also always get from a rescue as like bunlover i feel they need me!

It's a very difficult subject.

no one has mentioned about supporting cross breeding rabbits at all
and wat does it really matter if their cross bred or pure the point is that they find good homes and have a good quality of life not wat type they
thats all wat matters if your showing its a bit different

no one has mentioned about supporting cross breeding rabbits at all
and wat does it really matter if their cross bred or pure the point is that they find good homes and have a good quality of life not wat type they
thats all wat matters if your showing its a bit different

Look, I'm not getting into an arguement with someone who breeds irresponsibly for the pet trade. I'm not interested why you do it, just don't expect people to say you're great for doing it.

...And I still maintain that you have no idea who buys your rabbits from the garden centre, whatever you say.

Amy

because if they have come from rescues they would have been pets at some point would nt of they ?:D

what a :censored: stupid argument :censored: sorry to put this so strongly but sometimes I sit here and steam comes out of my ears.... (not a pretty sight!)

I agree this forum is for everyone who loves rabbits but being a discussion forum we should be allowed to put forward our own opinions.

I do not hate breeders but strongly dislike the hobby you choose.

I do not agree with breeding but do admit some breeders are more responsible than others..ie homecheck, give out care sheets and keep in touch with new owners, etc..

However breeding bunnies to supply a garden centre and selling them on free ads is not responsible..
that is just my personal opinion which I hope I'm allowed to have.

Also I wouldn't agree to a rescue pet show as rabbits would not enjoy it..a lot of travelling ..., kept in a small box in a noisey room, being man handled by strangers for the sake of a rosette isn't a bunnies idea of fun:(

to be honest, raven rex's didnt start the argument. I said something before on another post and i will say it again. I would rather adopt than buy. but i will not froce my opinion on somebody else bcus i do not believe that i have the right to tell others what to do. As long as (he/she?) cares for their pets and they are in good condition, happy etc, i dont think we should jump on his or her back everytime they make a post.

we all say 'this sight is for everyone not just rescues' but yet as soon as someone different pops up we all rips them to peices? this is supposed to be a friendly place, and i just think someone personal views should stay that way and not turn into cruel words.

I am no side here. i just dont think i have the right to judge people if they care abou their pets.

sorry to anyone i have offended

Surely this post was about rabbit shows and was anyone going?!?!?! Just a thought :)
(P.S I may have missed something)

Also I wouldn't agree to a rescue pet show as rabbits would not enjoy it..a lot of travelling ..., kept in a small box in a noisey room, being man handled by strangers for the sake of a rosette isn't a bunnies idea of fun:(

I don't think bunlover was proposing a national show but rather something much more locally. I agree though that bunnies don't tend to take well to travel but I also heard of lots that don't seem to have affect from it.

I don't think it should be based around the same ideas as standard rabbit shows. Not sure there should be prizes and rosettes, it should be more like a get-together for bunny lovers but open to the public to spread the word about rescues. There don't need to be many rabbits there either, perhaps just a couple from local rescues or local people with rescue buns. The rest of the place could be made up of stalls, rabbit toys, good sized hutches even rabbit related crafts etc.

I don't think you should dismiss the idea so quickly... I realize that the idea of a "show" may sound bad, but if done correctly and ethically even on a small scale, chances are it would make the local papers and that can't be a bad thing.

Last edited:
well thats what im saying. it was. it was meant to be a nice friendly post, and i just hate to see this day in day out. it makes me not want to be here.

:lol: my hare duke trust me he lets the judges know if hes had enough he took a chuck out of won but he still came first bless him:lol: and make my buns feel more comfortable i give them rescue remadie it helps calm them, and for sticking them in boxes while thier at show ur not that well educated about wat happens at show, for they r actualy penned up properly so they have enough room to stretch and sprawl out.
and the ones i sell though free adds i give a caresheet and have the new owners details in my bun book i also phone them one week after they take him or her home i give also a bunch of my cards to my gardeb centre to give to the new owners so that if they have any trouble to contact me.
but yes everyone is entiled to thier opinion:wave:

Back to the topic; I personally FEEL it is well-worth visiting as you can see plenty of different breeds of rabbits, and there is many trade stands there selling goods for your rabbits.

I agree but sometimes those who feel strongly about any subject do want to respond to a thread..and should be allowed to....

afterall if Ravenrex said she thought rabbits from a rescue were a bad idea and people should buy from Pets At home instead ..she would be allowed to..
so why shouldn't people who work in rescue be allowed to state their opinions?
I have not personally insulted anybody just stated an opionion..I'm sure Ravenrex can cope with that!:lol:

well thats what im saying. it was. it was meant to be a nice friendly post, and i just hate to see this day in day out. it makes me not want to be here.

but as Ravenrex doesn't seem bothered and I did respond to her comments..don't worry..this is a discussion forum and people cannot agree with everyone else all the time:D
and to RR :wave: back :roll:

yer sure i dont mind but i certinarly would never surrgest pet shop buns as u dont know parentage and history?
but with the traverling issue Duke loves traverling so much we have had a special seatbelt made for him becoz he doesnt like being in a box and loves to stick head head out the window as we er going along in the car we can trust him without the seatbelt but im not sure if that new dog law affects buns aswell :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeh your right. i just hate seeing posts where everyone gangs up on someone, but then people cant help what they believe in etc etc etc etc etc lol, i guess there is always going to be this battle, but then its healthy for people to have opinions right? xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back