• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola's gone :(

Sorry to hear you have lost Lola but it sounds like she had a lovely healthy life and went quick. Sleep tight Lola xx

I am so sorry you lost Lola.:cry:

When we lost Cutie-Pie and Bandit was clearly lonely, we got him a permanent foster friend. We couldn't afford anymore animals but ARC was happy for us to take an older girl on so they could be companions. Its really hard to break the cycle. Xxx

Does Alfie live indoors? If he doesn't i suggest bringing him indoors so he has your company, see if he gets along well after a few months and if you think he's depressed and needs another bunnies company then its your call.

So sorry for your lost, i know how it must feel xx

I am so sorry to hear that Lola has gone. :cry: Sending (((((hugs)))) to you and Alfie.
Sweet dreams and binky free, Lola. xxxx

Sorry to hear you have lost Lola. I'm in the same situation as lost Millie at 10 and a half in January and Lynx has been on his own since. He is eating well and acting normally but it has become apparent that Millie used to keep his eyes clean as he has had a runny eye since being on his own. He's about 9 now so it's difficult to know what to do for the best.

Thanks all for the support and advice, and also for understanding my predicament. It's so hard to know what to do for the best isn't it. :(

Julia25, Alfie lives outside but I have two dogs, one of whom is very prey driven, so it wouldn't be an option..... which is a shame because I think Alfie would love being a house bunny. :(

I've been thinking long and hard about it all since we lost Lola and have been looking on rabbit rehome/local rescue sites just in case there happens to be somebunny that would sway my decision. However, tonight I fed Alfie and have noticed that he has an abscess on his face next to his ear (it was treated a few mths ago now but must have come back) - he's eating well for the moment so I've got him booked in at the vet tomorrow but, while he's ill himself, then bonding plans are on hold either way.

Poor Alfie, I would imagine the stress of losing Lola has left him a bit under the weather and the infection has taken advantage.

I hope he goes on well with his treatment.

Poor Alfie, I would imagine the stress of losing Lola has left him a bit under the weather and the infection has taken advantage.

You could well be right. :( I've been checking him religiously since the last time and it's come up out of nowhere, probably about malteser size already. I thought we'd got it all but I'm guessing not.

Thanks all for the support and advice, and also for understanding my predicament. It's so hard to know what to do for the best isn't it. :(

Julia25, Alfie lives outside but I have two dogs, one of whom is very prey driven, so it wouldn't be an option..... which is a shame because I think Alfie would love being a house bunny. :(

I've been thinking long and hard about it all since we lost Lola and have been looking on rabbit rehome/local rescue sites just in case there happens to be somebunny that would sway my decision. However, tonight I fed Alfie and have noticed that he has an abscess on his face next to his ear (it was treated a few mths ago now but must have come back) - he's eating well for the moment so I've got him booked in at the vet tomorrow but, while he's ill himself, then bonding plans are on hold either way.

I'm really sorry to hear this Karen :(

Wishing you and Alfie much luck at the vets xx

I'm so sorry to hear about Lola, that's really sad :cry:

I expect that Alfie has his abscess due to stress of losing her, poor fella, and I hope that he's okay.

You must be so worried at the moment, I sympathise with you and best of luck at the vet tomorrow x

Thanks Angie, my heart sank when I felt the lump but he fought it before and I'm trying to remain positive that we can do the same again. I can't lose him too.

Thank you, just waiting in the car park for Alfie now (my daughter is a nurse at the vets). He's had as much of the abscess removed as poss but it also goes into his ear. The vet has mentioned surgery but I've started a thread in health about that; for now we're treating with antibiotics. Alfie has had a whale of a time trashing his kennel by all accounts lol

Back