• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola's dental - three crown fractures and three spurs :(,vibes please :( U/D pst 80

ive hit quote without reading properly, did you mention she may be having a dental today?

if its dental pain, try breadsticks, but break them up into small ~1cm pieces and soften them with a little water, it might be enough to tempt her?

Dental wasn't definite, me and O/H assumed it would be a possibility should we have been able to have our 9.20am appointment today, for now though no dental, on Monday they said her teeth were fine, she has a minor spur but it was no where near to cause an irritation on her top right.

If it's a dental she'll be having it tomorrow. xx

Oh my gosh thank you gray, I didn't give her a lot but she munched it down with such enthusiasm! :D:love:

Tried her with some herbs after but no :roll:, not as good as breadstick apparently. Spoken to the vets, Aiden will get be consulting from 4-6 only, so we have an appointment for 4.35pm today, here's hoping Lola is much improved by then, I'm not going in today she needs her mummy :(.

I'll keep trying her with everything as will O/H, she's been grooming Max and he her which is nice, he keeps flopping with her which is also nice to see, he's looking after her :)

If Max is anything like Biscuit, when Ginger is ill, he will snuggle up to her and keep her warm like a fluffy hot water bottle :love:

Im sure you know, but keep her warm, any chance you could fill a hot water bottle or something with 'hot but not boiling' water and wrap it in a towel or something to sit next to her?

I'm so glad she enjoyed the watered down bread stick. I know its against the rules, but hey, a stasis bun needs to eat, and in an emergency, i say anything that isn't going to be toxic, and a small amount of breadstick, i dont personally think would do any harm.

I bet 4:35pm can't come around quick enough. Sorry she's struggling.

Bucket loads of vibes from here.

If Max is anything like Biscuit, when Ginger is ill, he will snuggle up to her and keep her warm like a fluffy hot water bottle :love:

Im sure you know, but keep her warm, any chance you could fill a hot water bottle or something with 'hot but not boiling' water and wrap it in a towel or something to sit next to her?

I'm so glad she enjoyed the watered down bread stick. I know its against the rules, but hey, a stasis bun needs to eat, and in an emergency, i say anything that isn't going to be toxic, and a small amount of breadstick, i dont personally think would do any harm.

I bet 4:35pm can't come around quick enough. Sorry she's struggling.

Bucket loads of vibes from here.

Thank you Gray! She has a snugglesafe next to her which is nice and warm. I'll keep you updated xx

Sorry Lolas still not good, you are doing everything you possible can for her though (great tip about the soaked breadsticks Graham, i'm going to get some in for emergencies now!) and yes she needs her mummy, Uni can wait can't it. It's amazing how their OH's know to look after them, Jessie wouldn't leave Joejoes side last week. Sending lots of positive vibes and roll on 4.35 x

:cry: C'mon little Lola have some bun food! Hope the vets get back to you soon, what a time for them to be on holiday/ill.

Only just seen this!

MASSIVE nomming vibes to the lovely Lola. Come on honey, your Mummy is worried!!!

Do you have any bread Jaysmonkey?

I know its normally a big no no, but in this situation, i think breaking the rules is allowed.

Perhaps a small amount of bread, broken up into small pieces. I know its helped a few members before.

Just an idea.

Loads of vibes for Lola

Another big no no usually but, perhaps a little digestive biscuit might encourage Lola. Sometimes anything is better than nothing.

Paws crossed here for an improvement. x

Hi guys, thank all very much for the vibes I can't tell you how much I appreciate them. Lola is still no better unfortunately.:(, I just want to cry :(:cry:

know how you feel as my bunny won't eat either and is a very poorly bunny...have to try and stay positive although ooooh so hard!!

sending our vibes and hope our babies will feel better soon!

Will Lola tolerate syringe fluids without her getting too stressed ? Keeping her as well hydrated as possible can only help.

If she has a spur on a very back molar then it is very possible for it to be invisible during a conscious examination. I have seen that so many times. My Fred in particular. There is absolutely no way that me or my Vet could see the spur that was on Fred's back molar until he went under GA.

Fred will not eat or drink AT ALL when his teeth need attention, yet there is never any soft tissue damage. But I have known Buns who kept eating 'normally' despite the fact that they had cuts on their tongue caused by spurs.

Good luck at the Vets XX

Thank you all, our appointment has been forward to 4.20pm which is better..by a little. Still no change in the eating but I've been playing with her and she has been responding. She isn't listless and she is weeing a pooing, albeit the poops are small, but golden..though the last batch weren't stuck to her tail they were entangled by a mass of fur. Perhaps she has been overgrooming the big boy Maximoo and ingested too much :(

Will find out soon anyhow, thank you everyone, we really appreciate it, she's such a little character..but oh she's a fighter :love:

If her poops are coming out attached with fur, thats absolutely brilliant, as it means her gut is working and passing them, which is by design.

Is there any chance she could of eaten something she shouldnt, such as carpet, or large amounts of card or something J? (i cant be bothered to keep typing your whole name!)

If her poops are coming out attached with fur, thats absolutely brilliant, as it means her gut is working and passing them, which is by design.

Is there any chance she could of eaten something she shouldnt, such as carpet, or large amounts of card or something J? (i cant be bothered to keep typing your whole name!)

Just call me Stef, Jay is the O/Hs name so it prevents confusion! :lol: Not carpet..I would have seen I'd hope, she does love to ravish cardboard..so it's usually far out of reach; apart from the occasional egg box..I can't upset Max (he loves his eggbox.) Possibly that? I am thinking more positive now, I was very down earlier, she's such a little fluffy bum and I love her so dearly.

Thank you xxx

Back