• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

living with mum?

dianemk73

Young Bun
Can my mini lops baby (currently 6 weeks old ) continue to live with mum provided she,s a doe? I,m concerned that she will carry on suckling and mum,s milk wont dry up. But I:love: would like them to stay together

I should think it will be fine in theory.

However, mum may reach that instinct to drive the baby out, which can cause fights, potentially mum may get some new hormones and want to mate again which again can cause fights, and potentially, if mum and baby do manage to stay together, when the babies hormones arrive, they may cause fights.

It can be done but it has a few risk points, including making sure that the babies are actually girls.

I would say go for it!!! But, if anything goes wrong or they start fighting, seperate them immediatley. And as Sky-O has said, check the baby is a girl just in case.

Back