• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Ted - U/D - 2 Jan - he's picked up a bit this morning - we have poos!!

He's shuffling round, keeps stretching right out, then pulling his legs in again. Doesn't look very comfy :(:( Poor Teddy :(:(

oh poor little man:(

have you been given the syrup form of zantac and some metacam? i found the pain relief with the acid stopper..cos buns get ulcers in their guts is way better than metaclopramide...plus i get scared now giving it before seeing a vet..chicken!!

i am sending lots of vibes.....oh and dont be fooled...those seeded treats...we had a parsley bell one xmas and after three or four days it had caught up in berties tummy and gave him stasis and then soft poo overload for a week or so. should carry a bun health warning:(

come on little man..get that tummy working and poop those poops!

oh poor little man:(

have you been given the syrup form of zantac and some metacam? i found the pain relief with the acid stopper..cos buns get ulcers in their guts is way better than metaclopramide...plus i get scared now giving it before seeing a vet..chicken!!

i am sending lots of vibes.....oh and dont be fooled...those seeded treats...we had a parsley bell one xmas and after three or four days it had caught up in berties tummy and gave him stasis and then soft poo overload for a week or so. should carry a bun health warning:(

come on little man..get that tummy working and poop those poops!

Hi, yes we have the Zantac syrup, no problem getting that into him and next due at 10am. He was given Vetergesic rather than metacam which he's not had before. Phoned the vet again as he was more lethargic and they said the vetergesic could make him drowsy so less worried about that now. Also that it could take 12-14 hours before he poo'd (which he hasn't yet). We've just done the next syringe feed - only managed 5 ml this time and 2 ml plain water :(. He's had this before but recovered really quickly, so much more worried this time. Think it's going to be a long night. We've not got any pain killer at home, vet said she'd given him maximum and we have to take him back in the morning if he's not eating of his own accord.

Little fella just can't seem to get comfortable.

He keeps getting up, shuffling around and laying down again in a slightly different place.

He has had about 15 ml Critical Care in the last 3 hours (10 ml 2 and a half hours then 5 ml about half an hour ago).

Wish it could be me in that discomfort for him...

Teddy has picked up a bit this morning. We stayed up with him until 2am, Martyn checked him at 3am and he was just sat behind settee. We got up at 4am to do the next syringe feed which was a bit of a battle and I could only get him to take about 4ml. Didn't want to force it as it was upsetting us both I think! Martyn then got up at 7am to check him, and came to tell me he was eating some hay. He's eaten a few strands and also 2 pieces of carrot (about a third of a small one) and had a little bit of water :D. I'm almost certain that 7 small poos next to the water dish are his as well as I've been fastidiously clearing any away so I can tell more easily if they're his.

Fingers crossed we've turned the corner, Zantac due at 10am.

Thanks for all the vibes and advice :)

Hope he carries on improving :D

When Clo has has stasis we've found that keeping him moving about every so often helps get things going.

Also, as per your other thread, the critical care can fill them up so that they don't want to eat on their own, so I stop using it once they've started eating, unless they're still eating very little, but I do make it very watery.

I've also found wrapping them in a fleecy blanket for a tummy rub can help :)

Hope he's fully recovered really soon!

Hope he carries on improving :D

When Clo has has stasis we've found that keeping him moving about every so often helps get things going.

Also, as per your other thread, the critical care can fill them up so that they don't want to eat on their own, so I stop using it once they've started eating, unless they're still eating very little, but I do make it very watery.

I've also found wrapping them in a fleecy blanket for a tummy rub can help :)

Hope he's fully recovered really soon!

Thanks, we kept making him run round last night, it's awful cos he kept giving me the evil eye when he obviously just wanted to lie down.

He's been eating hay n and off for about half an hour now which is great and he's done a few small poos. We didn't do the 7am critical care seeing as he'd started eating by himself.

We'd been massaging his tummy for him last night as well, we gave him a hot water bottle but he wasn't really interested in it. He's snugged up with Rosie at the moment :D. She's been great bless her.

Martyn has gone back to bed to try and get some sleep before the Zantac dose, I don't think he's slept for more than a couple of half an hours, I at least have slept in between feeds but will try a little snooze later I think.:)

Ted's eaten a fair amount of hay over the last couple of hours now :D. He's just jumped out of the litter tray and we have around a dozen, fairly normal sized poos :D:D. Wonder if these are the ones the vet could feel, or new ones? There have been some much smaller ones this morning, so sounds like they are starting to come through now. Well done Teddy :love:

Thanks everybody, he's still munching away on the hay:D. Most of you will know how scary it is and how quickly they go downhill, he's much better though fingers crossed he'll be back to normal soon :D. Will be keeping a very close eye on him for the next few days.

He hasn't been interested in his SS though today, does this matter? He's eaten some carrot and lots of hay, will he just start on these again when he's feeling more recovered? We'd normally next put some out about 7.30 tonight which is their normal tea time.

Thanks everybody, he's still munching away on the hay:D. Most of you will know how scary it is and how quickly they go downhill, he's much better though fingers crossed he'll be back to normal soon :D. Will be keeping a very close eye on him for the next few days.

He hasn't been interested in his SS though today, does this matter? He's eaten some carrot and lots of hay, will he just start on these again when he's feeling more recovered? We'd normally next put some out about 7.30 tonight which is their normal tea time.

If he's happy eating hay then that is the best thing for him - bunnies know what suits their tums better than we do :)

Back