• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Gracie ... recovering from blockage surgery

Gracie remains bright. Usually when I go into the kitchen she sits on the shelf waiting to see what I'm bringing for her, but her shelf is boarded up at the moment, poor girl, I think she has it in her head that if she can't go up there to beg then she won't get fed! :lol:

I've managed to get a good look at her belly when she's been leaning on the bars to see me and it's certainly a long scar, but very tidy and clean. She has been stretched out with her legs behind her etc so doesn't seem bothered by it.

Last edited:
I've just got a text from P@H insurance to say they are paying out £664 towards the cost of this treatment. :D So pleased I have insurance :D

I'm glad to see such positive updates! :)
Mimzy also used to have a wee shelf from which he would watch me all day, and when he went for his neuter I had to take it away for a week and he was so confused! :( He would normally come tearing down the ramp like his bum was on fire and skid into his litter tray on the wall opposite and then sit there with the most satisfied look on his face because it always brought me running for fear he had crashed, he made so much noise doing it! :roll:

Continued vibes for Grace to heal completely and be able to use her shelf again soon. :D xxxx

Beautiful Gracie had a second surgery for a blockage yesterday. She had stopped eating the day before but didn't become serious until 2pm yesterday. When they operated there was evidence that an obstruction had moved and got wedged again further along. Last update was 5pm yesterday when she was recovering well.

She's gone.:cry::cry:

Just got the phone call to say she died in the night.

It's just wrong. I can't lose her now not like this. I need to cuddle her and take the calm relaxed that she gives off.

I replied on your other thread to say how sorry I am. I hadn't seen this one yesterday, you did everything you could for her though, I'm so sorry she couldn't recover this time :cry: xx

Back