• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Gracie ... recovering from blockage surgery

:( So incredibly sad that if it had just happened at a different time of day she may have stood a chance.

I know - though it did not present in quite the same way as a blockage - the stomach did not swell at first - and I am not sure we would have realised how urgent it was at an earlier stage. Maybe we would - who knows. certainly would have known when she started to go into shock. She was completely fine the evening before - wolfing her pellets down with the rest of her group.

I'm so glad Gracie is doing well, fingers crossed she will be home soon xx

I don't think I will ever stop finding it terrifying just how quickly rabbits can go from being fine and behaving normally, to so acutely ill.
Sorry for your loss, Parsnipbun, that's shocking :(

Thanks for all the vibes and support.

Gracie is still bright, pooping but not eating for herself. She is however taking syringe feeds well. She may possibly be coming home tomorrow, I will be discussing the possibility with the vet later. If she had been able to come home today I'm not sure I'm well enough anyway (flu), I probably would have pushed myself so it's all round better she gets to stay today.

Last edited:
Gracie is now eating and doing really well. ... I'm hopefully collecting her tomorrow.

Last edited:
Gracie is well enough to come home
I'm well enough to collect her
It's not snowing

:D:D

Fabulous :D Well done Gracie - and well done to you to for noticing, and enduring such a horrific car journey! So pleased this has had a happy ending.:thumb:

She's home and looking happy to be sat in her tray munching hay as per normal. Bless her. She's actually not such a 'little' Gracie and needs to go on a diet once she's recovered :oops:

So happy to hear you are both home, safe and well! Sending continuing healing and good health vibes for Gracie. :love:
Hugs coming your way, BB. It must be such a relief to have her home. :) xxxx

Thank you all:love:

Especially as you don't really 'know' Gracie. I will have to take some pictures so that you can see her. I have posted a picture of her in the past but I can't find it :oops: She's a most beautifully marbled harlequin lionhead, who is very cuddly and licky :love:

Back