• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionhead and LionLops - life span

i googled it...and went through a few sites and all of them were pretty much the same. :D xx

That's what I found when I did a google search :D But you never know how reliable some sites are but a lot of different sites said this :)

That's what I found when I did a google search :D But you never know how reliable some sites are but a lot of different sites said this :)

yep about 5 said this...but of course it all depends on the rabbits health...but a healthy lionhead should live 7-10 years :D x

By sensitive I mean they are likely more likely to get certain things, like stasis issues seem to be common in them, just from what I've read. They don't really have shorten lifespans like giants have :) Just the possibility that because of their sensitivity they could die young.

Our lionhead x died recently, aged ten and a half. She was healthy, never needing treatment, until six months before she went to the bridge. It was at that stage she started to have dental and eye problems, but regular trips to the vets kept it in check. She passed very peacefully, and suddenly, after having a good run around the garden and a snuggle.

We have two more lionhead x now, I'm hoping we can love them for as long as our other bun. :love:

Our lionhead x died recently, aged ten and a half. She was healthy, never needing treatment, until six months before she went to the bridge. It was at that stage she started to have dental and eye problems, but regular trips to the vets kept it in check. She passed very peacefully, and suddenly, after having a good run around the garden and a snuggle.

We have two more lionhead x now, I'm hoping we can love them for as long as our other bun. :love:

Wow that's fantastic.
I feel much happier now that I have some more evidence of Older buns:D:D

Back