• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Linseed cookies

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
So, over here linseed cookies are really popular for bunnies? They're like tiny, tiny cookies made of linseed and wheat and stuff, but mostly linseed, and basically every online bunny shop sells them and they're supposed to be super healthy? I'm rather skeptical, I have to admit... I thought bunnies aren't supposed to eat seeds?

I'm assuming it's assumed to be healthy for the coat and skin. Linseeds are really good for hamster hair loss issues that are caused by aging, but hamsters need a whole lot more fat in their diet than rabbits.

Interesting. It seems linseed is added to a lot of pet treats. I think if I were going to try linseed I'd buy the seeds on their own, mainly because of all the things they add to bunny treats, like the wheat you mentioned. Casper & Sophie look like they have beautifully healthy coats already though

Linseed it is the oxbow skin treats that I give Winnie, they are quite high in fat, but have really improved her skin!

Linseed it is the oxbow skin treats that I give Winnie, they are quite high in fat, but have really improved her skin!
I was just thinking this, I used to give them to my hamster, his skin and coat looked amazing [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I'm assuming it's assumed to be healthy for the coat and skin. Linseeds are really good for hamster hair loss issues that are caused by aging, but hamsters need a whole lot more fat in their diet than rabbits.
Yes, for their coat and skin, but also for their immune system and their gut; it's supposed to help prevent blockage during moulting. That's really good that they help hamsters! I didn't know that. I can imagine hamsters' diet is very different from bunnies', though, yes.

Interesting. It seems linseed is added to a lot of pet treats. I think if I were going to try linseed I'd buy the seeds on their own, mainly because of all the things they add to bunny treats, like the wheat you mentioned. Casper & Sophie look like they have beautifully healthy coats already though
Yes, and to pellets, too, maybe? I saw yesterday that it's in Casper and Sophie's Urinary Health sticks, which surprised me, because I thought bunnies aren't supposed to have seeds. That makes sense that you'd sooner try the seeds on their own rather than in a treat, though, because of the extra ingredients. And, aw, I'm glad you think so. I don't think Sophie and Casper need anything for their coats, no.

Oh, that's great that they have really helped Winnie's skin! Considering this and what SarahP and Graciee said about hamsters, it sounds like linseed really is good for skin and coats, so maybe I should've been less skeptical. :lol:

I used to eat them too on my breakfast [emoji38] Gus (hamster) and me used to share [emoji38] I have to say my hair was in great condition at the time, I should probably get some more tbh haha

i'm off to my local shop for some [emoji38] not sure if sharing with boo yet
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Good for digestion too, you can eat them whole but if you buy them ground you get the benefits more, as humans cant digest the outer shell thing, they're teeny. But if you buy them ground you can mix them into stuff and no one would even know really!

I didn't bother but apparently if you soak them in water for a few hours it breaks down the gluten, which makes them even easier to digest. Haven't tried that myself tho! Also they're often called flaxseed too but same thing I think

I don't own shares I promise [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Last edited:
My dietician recommended them to me, so I've been eating them in my porridge in the morning for a few months now, but it hasn't given me nice hair! :lol: I hope it gives you nice hair, j&b. :lol:

Last edited:
Back