• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lily

cherryJ

New Kit
Hello - I have just found this forum & it's helping me a lot.
My rabbit Lily passed yesterday, 15 March 2010. I'm finding it hard, as I had to make the decision to help her pass away as the vet said there was nothing they could do for her.
I had her for 7 years and I'm finding it tough at the moment.

Oh, Im so sorry.These guys really become part of the family.
Welcome to the forum...I know you will find the support you need here.
Sleep Well Lily.xxxx

I am really sorry to hear of Lily's passing :cry:
Letting her go to prevent her from suffering shows just how much you love her. It is an awful decision to have to make and we can all empathise with how you must be feeling now :cry:

But Lily is now pain free and her spirit will remain within your heart forever :love:

Binky Free Lily xx

Often the right decisions are the hardest to make. Well done for thinking first of your rabbits welfare. I'm sure many of us sympathise with your situation.

Binky free Lily.

Like many others including myself you have found this forum the hard way, trying to comprehend your loss.

It is always difficult to make the decision to help a special friend pass, but know it is only because you care so much that you were not willing to allow her to suffer. She will live on forever in your heart.

Take care of yourself and may Lily's journey to the bridge be safe and swift.

Very sorry you are going through such an awful time :cry:. I'm sure you have many precious memories of Lily to look back on.

Binky free at the Bridge Lily xxx

Thank you everyone for your kind messages. It really helps to hear things from people who know what I'm going through - non-pet owners don't really seem to understand completely.
Thanks to all xx

Thank you everyone for your kind messages. It really helps to hear things from people who know what I'm going through - non-pet owners don't really seem to understand completely.
Thanks to all xx

i'm so sorry to hear about Lilly. i went through a similar thing with one of my rabbits in November last year, where i also had to make that terrible decision. that was the hardest thing i've ever had to go through and i only had him for 3 years so i cannot imagine how awful u must be feeling. as hard as it is right now, u will start to feel better as time passes. sleep tight Lilly x

So sorry to hear about lovely Lily

I'm new on here too and i'm sure I will get a lot of help and support from this little rabbit loving community and it looks like you have a lot of support already from all the lovely messages people have sent you.

I know as many do just how you are feeling, I lost my little boy Ziggy last year in a terrible way due to e-cunniculi and I couldn't even go to the vets with him as I was at work and my boyfriend said he was gravely ill so I had to make the decision over the phone and let someone else hold his little paw while he was sent peacefully on his way.

It was heartbreaking but I knew straight away that it was the right decision to make for him. In time the pain will turn to happy memories and you'll never forget the time you had with her and like I always say, people like us give our animals the best life they could possibly have and we should be immensely proud of ourselves for that.

Love Becks xxxxxx :roll:

sorry you have had to joing the forum on a very sad note. i am very sorry for your loss and know how heartbreaking it is to have to make that decision...but it was the right one for your bunny friend and i'm sure Lily would thank you if she could,
binky free Lily xx

so glad you have found ru, it shows how much you lvoed her that you were not selfish and made the decisino to end her suffering rather than keep her with you , she must be a special bunny to you and my thoughts are with you during such a sad time here is a poem that you may find comfort in.

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

so glad you have found ru, it shows how much you lvoed her that you were not selfish and made the decisino to end her suffering rather than keep her with you , she must be a special bunny to you and my thoughts are with you during such a sad time here is a poem that you may find comfort in.

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

awwww... what a beautiful poem :love: it made me want to cry...

Back