• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Life of a rabbit water bottle...

I use the fluid, which you can get in supermarkets (in the baby section). It tells you how much to use to the water ratio, depending on what you are sterilising. For a washing up bowlful of bottles and/or bowls, I use about a capful.

How long do you have to soak it for before it's steralized? thanks for this- will do a tesco shop:)

There's a bottle brush at the bottom of this page which has a thin brush on the end, specifically for the cap/spout :D

http://www.ratwarehouse.co.uk/shop_view.php?cat=21

I use them all the time - they're really quick and reliable :wave:

ETA: When I say I use them, I mean I buy stuff from the Rat Warehouse. I now use bowls for the rabbits water, as they seem to drink more from the bowl than they ever did from the bottle.

yes i have this and some baby bottle brushes- it still doesn't clean the bit out that i'm talking about- there is a large part, a part that is smaller and a line that is smaller still. :)

Thanks i bought the milton fluid and i'll try that- i also bought more bottles and bowls- so covering all bases :) May even write the book ! Yes it does sound like the name of one in my thread title :) x

Bowls all the way for me.

I find them easier to clean, you can monitor their drinking much better (bottles drip so you don't know whether they've drank it or not), and you're less likely to forget to change the water at feed time etc. as its sat next to the feed bowl.

I found bottles fiddly, messy, and unreliable.

I use large coop cups - metal bowls that sit in a holder attached to the wire. They don't tip over and because you attach them slightly off the ground they don't get so dirty or pood in!

The other thing I use which is really easy to clean out is this

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_bowls_feeders/cat_fountains/14454

They are great for pairs, trios etc because they hold so much. They get cleaned out every day but I don't worry about them running out!

It's in the caps where the brush won't reach- there is a little line that i can't get any size brush down and rice just goes soft and gets stuck in it too.
Tempted just to buy some new now.

You can buy some brushes which have bits that stick out at the top which will get down into the bit which goes off to the nozzle, failing that use a fine art paint brush.

Back