• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Life can be so unbearably cruel

I must admit I do agree with Sooz, but unfortunately it doesn't make it any less unfair :(

Thank you Alison for your kind words, he was a particularly happy bunny and had really found his feet. Although he was only supose to be in the summerhouse for quarantine he had stayed in there longer because he loved it so much :)

I don't know what happened to him, neither did the vets although they did cover every possibility ( I was really impressed with them today, they have employed a new vet who has worked in zoos, so is use to exotics and doing things a bit differently) Maybe we should have had a PM done, I did consider it but I couldn't face the idea of him being messed about with :(

Sidereus7, I hope you are right, it would be great if Stanley had forgotten the bad times. I have always said if our buns go to the bridge with happy memories then we are doing our job right and I know Stanley will definately have taken the happy times with him. It is just us that now have to get use to life without him:(

:cry::cry::cry:Poor Stanley :cry::cry:

Liz, we have had this happen a good few times :cry: I think that when they are so mistreated they are nearly giving up anyway, so they get to a home that loves them and gives them everything that they need - and it's like they get a second wind :love::love: They perk up, they become so loving and so happy - yet whatever it is that has ailed them or through the neglect in the first place, it comes back and takes them :cry::cry::cry:

It's heartbreaking and it isn't fair :cry::cry::cry: But the only way you can go on is to know that, however short it may have been, that they have been loved and wanted - and they take that with them to the Bridge :love::love:

im so very sorry :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Someone told me that some rabbits seem to hold on until they feel safe to leave, like they are waiting for that soft touch & gentle voice to tell them it's OK and that when someone actually cares whether they live or die they have found the comfort they have been holding on for.

I like to think it's true.

Sooz i believe that with all my heart, i dont think they can relax enough to let go until they feel what its like to be truely loved :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm very sorry to read this and so sorry for your loss :cry: but please take comfort that he only knew of happiness, love and great care in the last chapter of his life and that's all he will remember at the bridge.

Sweet dreams little Stanley x

Im so sorry Liz at least Stanley knew what love was for the short time that you had him.Sleep tight lovely boy xxxxxxx

I'm so sorry Liz :cry:

As everyone has said, at least he was loved and cared for properly in his last weeks and will have happy memories to take to the bridge. But it doesn't make it any less unfair.

Thinking of you.

Binky free beautiful Stanley.

Oh Liz I'm am so sorry - your poor wee fella :cry:

I've also asked myself the same thing time & time again Liz, about how poor bunnies can continue to survive for so long without propery care :cry: I really do agree with what Sooz has said :cry:

Stanley will be so grateful that he got to spend the time with you & Steve that he did, where he was loved & had everything he could ever want or need.

Sending you both hugs during this difficult time xxx

Binky free beautiful Stanley, sleep tight special fella xxx

I am so sorry - binky free Stanley with your friends at Rainbow Bridge, you gorgeous little lad! x x x

I am so very sorry :cry: What an absolutely adorable lad he was and yes how terribly unfair. I can't blame you for being heartbroken. As others have said, at least his last weeks were happy, warm, cuddlesome ones :love:

so sorry to hear of your loss :(
At least Stanley got a chance at a good life even if it was just a few weeks
x

Liz, so sorry to hear this. This thing has happened to us quite a few times too. I don't know why, but I've often felt so angry when it has happened.
Regardless of the time he had with you, at least it was good times and he knew what care was, that is all we can hope for in some cases.:(

I'm SO sorry for your loss of little Stanley :cry:

He really tugged at my heart strings when you first posted about him and I can only imagine how you are feeling now he's gone.

I'm just glad he found you before he passed and he will be happy to have had you for the short time he did.

Sending huge hugs :cry:

Wow Im so sorry, I dont have any words, I have tears in my eyes and Im just gobsmacked to hear that little Stan the Bun, has gone.
But like everyone has said, the short time he has live with you being treated like bunny royalty must have gone some way to making up for all that time living in bunny prison.

It only seems like yesterday we were naming him.

xxx

So sorry Liz :( At least he had a few weeks of knowing how life should of been with you and Steve :) xXx

Back