• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lidl is selling Angora products :-(

Balls. Sitting here reading this thread, snuggled up in a H&M cardi, sudden shudder and looked at the label, guess what 6% of this cardi is made of, ARGH

Oh my god, I am crying I watched the video the sound of them poor rabbits screaming, oh my word, I never thought that was how they do it I thought that they killed the rabbit put the meat into food products and harvested the fur, very naïve I know. I made my husband watch the video, them poor soul, if there any thing we can do to stop this at least try,

If companies are deleting comments can we create an Angora awareness page and start sharing that and name and shame the guilty companies. If it is a public group the tabloids can access it too which may increase awareness. The Daily Mail had the angora video and an article which has helped to increase awareness.

If companies are deleting comments can we create an Angora awareness page and start sharing that and name and shame the guilty companies. If it is a public group the tabloids can access it too which may increase awareness. The Daily Mail had the angora video and an article which has helped to increase awareness.

Please join the FB group 'Angora Cruelty' set up by a fellow RU member. Please also write on all retailers FB pages questioning their ethical credentials. Lots of people have already posted on the H & M website so keep them coming…...

I've emailed Debenhams to ask where their angora products are sourced but not expecting much as most of them are from designers like Jasper Conran or Oasis.

I posted on New Look's FB page and they PM'd me about it asking for more info, they're now investigating the issue and will get back to me.

Wish we could boycott these shops full stop until they stop selling Angora - I haven't been able to read anything further on the Angora story other than the headline and I've gone off my food, having nightmares and feeling sick all the time, it's traumatised me so much :cry::cry::cry::cry: Those of you who watched the video.... You're made of stronger stuff than me! I know we should be aware of this, but I just couldn't watch that video to save my life. If I see anything related to this on my fb news feed, I share it to raise awareness, but I wish I didn't have to keep seeing it :cry:

I've never bought fur - only once have I purchased fake fur (an evening wrap to go with my ballgowns, and I won't be wearing that any more), but I'm now going to check all potential clothes for what they're made off to avoid the sneaky so & sos sneaking it in like with catxx's cardigan!

I hope there is a special place in hell for those evil people who do such things to the poor bunnies in China in the name of "fashion!" I kind of want to boycott anything Chinese now, it's tainted in my opinion :cry:

Back