• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leo - just died in my arms U/D page 5

I’m so very sorry :cry: it’s not your fault. Such a tragic loss :cry:

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I'm so very sorry Craig, there are just no words, feel devastated for you, Jan and Flo. Leo was a very special, loved by all he touched, bunny xxx

So devastated to read this tragic update. Leo's little body has such a enormous challenge to recover from everything he had been dealt. Such tragedy for all of you. You really couldn't have done more. The fact he died on your watch was just the timing of his body giving up, nothing that lays any blame on yourself. It's just heartbreaking that you have all been through this last week to lose him anyway.

His circumstances remind me so much of Binky, though Binky's digestive system never started up after surgery. Another forum user, I think called Ruth (though I cannot for the life of me remember her user name) also had a bun with peritonitis at the same time, Harvey, I think, he had more invasive surgery than Binky and battled for longer. I felt so lost when it looked like Harvey would survive but so broken for his owner when he didn't.

However good and progressive veterinary care is, the bottom line is rabbits are fragile. When the dust settles, hold your head up high and know you did everything you could. I do not envy your emotional rollercoaster in the meantime. As my very dear vet said to me in the early days "you have to be tough if you have rabbits."

It’s not you’re fault for bringing him home Craig, he would of passed away at the vets and you would of also blamed yourself for not bringing him home to his familiar environment :cry: rabbiting is so hard, your dammed if you do, and dammed if you don’t so please don’t blame yourself. I do understand when you have been through so much and it’s one problem after another it does take it’s toll on your mental health so please be kind to yourself. Find peace in the fact you have always done the best for Leo and he couldn’t have had a better life. Sending lots of loves and I hope Flo is doing okay. Xx

I am so, so sorry Craig. Sending love and comforting thoughts to you and your wife. Thinking about Flo too. After you did so so much for Leo I hope it can be some comfort to you that you were with him as he passed. He would have known how much you loved him. xx

So sorry.
He was at home, where he was happy and loved. Much better than in a cage at the vet. You really couldn't have done any more, so don't beat yourself up.

RIP Leo

Last edited:
Oh Craig, I am so very sorry...what a tragic loss. You all did the very best you could. Please don't blame yourself.
Thinking of you, Jan and Flo at this terribly upsetting time. Again, I'm so very sorry. :cry:

Sleep peacefully, Leo. I didn't know you personally but the whole of RU is infused with your presence. You will never be forgotten and you will always be deeply and dearly loved. We'll miss you, little lion. :cry: xxxxx

I'm so very sorry, please don't blame yourself.You did all you could for your boy. He was very poorly and had major surgery.Sometimes their wee bodies just can't cope.Binky free wee Leo whole again at the bridge.Be kind to yourself Craig.x

Back