• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Latest Review- Rabbit Hutch Shop -6ftx2ft Hutch( Fast Delivery, Cheap, Poor Quality)

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I bought two six foot triple hutches from the rabbit hutch shop. On arrival i noticed that they were just dipped in cuprinol rather than fully weather proof.
The hutches were stapled together!!

I couldn't believe this as the second hutch literally fell apart, which mean we had to put some reinforcements at the bottom of the hutch to keep the thing together. It was very poorly held together. The design was great, but it's a shame it was not held together with screws.

Each hutch was over £300 but with hindsight i would have chosen a ryedale. We will be getting Ryedales when these hutches fail. Looking at it , it won't be too long.

I noticed the hutches leak so i need to get rain covers for them. They are not weather proof as the plywood at the back just soaks up the rain and the lino i've put down inside is rained on.

The nails went straight through the roof and went i contacted customer services about some kind of compensation, they said nothing "no reply". Needless to say i won't be buying these kind of hutches again.

The only positive aspect was the look of the hutches is okay and the size, being six by two on each level. They also had next day delivery which was good and the lady i spoke to initially on ordering was pleasant and very helpful. They do of course have a money back guarantee, so i imagine i could send the stuff back,but now the hutches are up. I don't want to go through the hassle.

The hutches took days to assemble fully. We needed an electric screwdriver else we would have been there forever putting them up. We also replaced the staples with nails as the construction in this respect was terrible and dangerous in my oppinion to bunnys in the hutches once their weight had been accounted for.

Just thought i'd give my review incase anyone was wondering. If your good at diy - they are okay as you can rebuild them when the slats fall out and it falls apart at the seams, if not i'd go for something easier. I would have been lost if it wasn't for two men i had helping me. It is not a one person job. It is not something someone could do alone.

To be fair, the hutches do look nice up and it did take alot of effort getting them there. I think once they have covers they will be fine. They could even last longer than i expect, but there are definately a few problems with this kind of construction. I don't even think pet shops staple together they use screws as far as i'm aware. I.e Pets at home hutches have been sturdier.

Hope this helps someone. Thanks.

p.s I did give them time to respond to me before writing a slightly negative review on the forum, but i haven't had any further contact from them.

Last edited:
Thats not good. Have you tried calling them? Think I would have sent the second one back especially at that price

WOW! thank you so much!

i was going to order one of thier hutches this afternoon!

i will now get one from Happy hutch!

no problem. I wouldn't say they are a bad company because they seemed ever so nice when i was placing the order and with my questions. It is just the way they manufacture there stuff is just very bog standard.

I'd ask for a refund I think. They cost you a lot of money and to not be happy with them but keep them anyway just isn't something I could do.

If you got your money back (over £600 :shock:) think of what you could buy instead - better hutches, several sheds...

From the way you've described them, I'd be absolutely livid!

Definately get them refunded - they arent going to last long so you might as well put that money towards some ryedales. Doesnt matter if you have already put them up, if they are not fit for purpose then they have been mis-sold.

WOW! thank you so much!

i was going to order one of thier hutches this afternoon!

i will now get one from Happy hutch!

I had a 6x2x2 with run from Happy Hutch and it is good quality and sturdy.
Easy to assemble too - took me about 1 hour - I'd recommend them!

Back