• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lacey is being very difficult

Lord Trellis

Mama Doe
I made Lacey a new enclosure because she is pregnant but she doesn't like it and wants to come out. She knocks over her water bowl and is constantly trying to get out. So I reintroduce her to Lucky as he is neutered thinking maybe she can live with him but the first thing Lacey wants to do is attack and hump Lucky and Lucky is now very scared of Lacey. Put her in with Lamb Chop? she is already pregnant... it just means Lacey's going to be constantly mounted and chased around by Lamb Chop. I am out of options. One last one is to put Lacey back in her own enclosure where she is stressing herself trying to get out.

I need to go to work soon so I will need to do something?

Ok I've put Lacey back into her enclosure she will have to like it or lump it because I'm out of options and I have to leave for work very soon. I just hope she don't get to stressed out.

I don't think she is being difficult. She's very young, pregnant and probably very confused. Why could she not have stayed where she was? Could you not have adapted her area for the birth? She would have probably felt more secure in an area that she was familiar with. I really wouldn't put her in with either of the other males. She will likely be aggressive towards them. Also don't forget that Lucky will still be fertile for up to 6 weeks after his neuter.

I don't think she is being difficult. She's very young, pregnant and probably very confused. Why could she not have stayed where she was? Could you not have adapted her area for the birth? She would have probably felt more secure in an area that she was familiar with. I really wouldn't put her in with either of the other males. She will likely be aggressive towards them. Also don't forget that Lucky will still be fertile for up to 6 weeks after his neuter.

Her old enclosure was no longer suitable as she was too near Lamb Chop and there wasn't much room for her so I decided to build her a new enclosure with more space and has a nesting area well away from distractions. Well that was the idea

She may not be pregnant - it could be a phantom pregnancy, unless it's been confirmed by a vet as definitely pregnant - or something else entirely. Putting her back with one of the boys risks a real pregnancy as the neutered one will still be fertile for a few weeks after the op. At the very least, it will be added stress to both of them when they are hormoal adolescents. I would leave her in peace with a lot of hay in a nestbox.

This. All the advice you have been given that you took offence at people giving was to avoid this exact situation. Poor bunnies :cry:

This. All the advice you have been given that you took offence at people giving was to avoid this exact situation. Poor bunnies :cry:

iFErTbj.jpg

Back