• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kovu and Zazu...What to do for the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's your nearest RSPCA? Try giving them a ring and ask if they are doing the neutering scheme. There's different policies in each branch, but many will send you a voucher even if you don't get benefits.

Not sure how much neutering costs in your area- but if it's quite reasonable like my vets at less than £35 you could be paying only £20 with a voucher (usually gives you around £15 off).

I'm afraid I do think it is your responsibilty to get Zazu neutered, whether you end up keeping him or not. If the bonding doesn't work then perhaps you could strike a deal with a rescue that you will swop him for a female to go with Kovu. Although they may not agree with the space you have...

I think that is Lucyhp, Lucy?

I'm not sure where my local one is at all, I think there is an 'RSPCA Kidderminster' but no idea whereabouts.
Kovu cost me about £60 or thereabouts but that included microchipping aswell. Vaccinations are £35 for both.
As said before, if I do decide to give up Zazu then I wont be getting a female for Kovu at all.

I think people are being really unfair to winegums - I took on 21 guinea pigs which I knew nothing about, due to impulse, from the small ads - only this time the small ad was flagged up on RU by another member appealing for someone to help the guinea pigs. What I did was public - what winegums did was private - but we both gave a home to animals from the freeads.

However I'm feted as being a hero for doing it and she's slated for being impatient - that's very unfair I think. She's only a young girl, and she works, and isn't breeding rabbits. So - she didn't give a home to a rescue bunny - how many appeals have there been on forum for someone to rescue rabbits from the freeads? These rabbits usually end up in one of the rescues on forum, and everyone says the rescue is noble for taking them on.

Why is it a private individual takes on one rabbit and gets criticised? The rabbit needed a home - if there was a mistake over its sex then it won't be the first time, and it's not winegums fault if this rabbit ends up in rescue eventually - where would it have ended up if she hadn't adopted it in the first place?

Serious question, can you not do more hours?

I've been asking to extend my contract the whole 2 and a half years I've been therte for. I get the odd extra 4hours here and there but doesnt make any difference. We have got a new store opening in September though and I think contracts will be looked at then...but thats not gonna help much now :(

I think people are being really unfair to winegums - I took on 21 guinea pigs which I knew nothing about, due to impulse, from the small ads - only this time the small ad was flagged up on RU by another member appealing for someone to help the guinea pigs. What I did was public - what winegums did was private - but we both gave a home to animals from the freeads.

However I'm feted as being a hero for doing it and she's slated for being impatient - that's very unfair I think. She's only a young girl, and she works, and isn't breeding rabbits. So - she didn't give a home to a rescue bunny - how many appeals have there been on forum for someone to rescue rabbits from the freeads? These rabbits usually end up in one of the rescues on forum, and everyone says the rescue is noble for taking them on.

Why is it a private individual takes on one rabbit and gets criticised? The rabbit needed a home - if there was a mistake over its sex then it won't be the first time, and it's not winegums fault if this rabbit ends up in rescue eventually - where would it have ended up if she hadn't adopted it in the first place?

I'm not saying she is bad for getting him this way, just that its bad she was so underprepared.

Can't you get a new job?
If I was wanting more hours for that long I would have.

I've ran out of things to sell unfortunately. I owe about £400 to catalogue bills, aswell as paying off a loan plus other regular bills. And I only do 16hours a week. Now you can see why its so hard for me.

You could ring all your creditors and ask to reduce your payments for the next six months and the money you aren't using to pay them back can be put aside for neutering and vet fees ;)
Thats exaclty what I have done a couple of times over the last couple of years while on a low wage. Companies in general are happy to do this so long as you stick to paying on the day set and don't go into arrears. I halved my catalogue bill for a year and my loan and credit card company allowed me to not pay the interest which helped alot! Worth asking!

I've applyed for other jobs and was working at the pet shop alongside Morrisons for a while, then they decided they didnt need me anymore for any extra hours...next thing, I go in and theres someone else working there :roll:
I have applyed for other jobs but due to lack of qualifications I dont even get asked for an interview let alone anything else.

Elve il admit maybe i am being a little unfair fair enough she cant afford Zazu and shes thinking about rehoming it the fact that she talking about rehoming Zazu through money problems only to add 3 of Buddabuns rats in the next 6 weeks or something :?

im guessing Buddabun will read this and will probably have a serious think about where the baby rats are going :? as she seems really responsable and will find the best homes possible for the baby rats.

Please stop bringing up how I care for my rats, it is nothing to do with this situation and my rats are VERY well cared for thank you very much.
This has turned from me asking for advice, into me bring judged for my private life.

Could you not contact doorkepper Louise, she's by you and maybe able to take Zazu to the vets under the umberella of her rescue and get you their discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back