• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just to let you all know

I agree with what people have said....its a personal choice...plus you adore them and they dont go without...so dont see why there is an issue......anyway - hugs, chin up, pleased your OH has a job now & things are abit less stressed......hope youre feeling happier today!:wave:

I totally understand ..... a certain reversing accident involving my rear wheels and my mum springs to mind.... I can see the funny side of it but sometimes get tired of poliltely laughing at the jokes. Glad your OH has a job again! I wish there was a smiley with fowers and chocolates to apologise properly. Here, have a packet of peanuts but don't give em to Blackberry!! Hazel and Penny will make you a piggy pee coctail, once they've eaten enough lettuce!!

Bensonlola is lovely(in my experience)... ,I wouldn't take anything to heart :) I didn't read the threads so i don't know who mentioned what. I know i get offended easily though :) Hoping you feel better today hun xxxx

I hope today is a fresh day for you :)

I'm not sure but think you may have added fuel to your own fire when you made that thread 'I know I said no more bunnies' and you made a joke about it. I understand that you made the joke so had control and it may have spiralled out of control, but it may be worth, in the future, if something is sensitive for you, maybe not making jokes about it yourself, because if you do, people don't realise how much it hurts and think because you're joking, its ok for others to joke too.

I also think you don't need to justify or explain yourself to anyone. Just focus on yourself and what you want and need and don't worry about other people. (easier said than done though sometimes, I know).

I know you must feel really down some of us don't take comments as well as others. It can't be water off a ducks back for everyone, and maybe some of the comments were private messages? :(

At the end of the day it's your business, your life, your money and if keeping a few pets is how you choose to spend that's up to you.:love:

As my Mum used to say "they're talking about you today - tomorrow it will be someone else!":rolleyes:

Big hug if I can do anything to help just let me know.:love:

Hi Nicola,

I'm a highly sensitive woman also. I think it's a great quality for caring for animals, means you are always aware of their needs.

I think it's great you have 7 rabbits- as i can see from your signature. If you want more get more. I have 18 animals at the moment and I'll be taking on upto 40 more buns when my circumstances are right. It's entirely up to you what you do with your life.

I can totally empathize with the way that some people can make you feel. I can be really hurtful sometimes and it's easy to fall prey to other peoples weaknesses ( i.e lack of empathy and consideration.)

I think it's important to realize that not everyone is operating on such a high level. I.e some people have low level programming because of the experiences they have been through in there own lives.

I have come away from this forum crying- how absurd! I'm learning to let comments flow like water off a ducks back so to speak.

Sometimes it's hard because you just don't have the energy and people tip you over the edge.

There are all sorts of people in this world and it's best to avoid those who make you feel bad rather than engage with them. Easier said than done though.

I also think that sometimes- there can be undertones to threads- your smart enough to know someone is digging at you. Go with your instincts and put yourself first. Hold yourself as the most important person in your world. The truth is you are and it doesn't matter what any other human being thinks.

You are on a rock floating through space- god only knows why we are here as a species except to live, procreate and die. You have the right to do whatever you like and you don't have to justify your life to anyone.

Lots of love & hugs for you and sending some positivity and healing your way :)

I really hope you do feel better about all this. There are alot of beautiful people in this world just as there are alot of insensitive ones. Alot of the loving people have come out of the wood work in the thread. Those are the people to listen too. xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s I actually think alot of so called joking- can be an excuse for being cruel. I don't think jokes are funny if they are at other peoples expense and effect people directly in a negative way. It then enters the realm of insult rather than joke.

Of course there are perfectly acceptable jokes- but the people who joke should be responsible for how they are going to effect a person, especially if a joke is directed at someone and could be misinterpreted. It's down to the person making the joke to be considerate, not the receiver of the joke.

It's possible to tell the intent of a persons words regardless of what they write and you may be picking up on these things. It's really not worth letting anything negative that anyone says to hold any weight.

Criticism should be constructive not destructive in my opinion. It's possible to disagree with people in a very caring and respectful way. I hope that people on the forum hold people to the highest level of being not accept whatever is thrown at them.

I think it's important you wrote this thread. As a community it's something that is important to address.

xx

I totally agree with this, I am also a very sensitive person and recently came off the forum in tears due to being upset on a thread . I don't have a great amount of confidence in myself due to bouts of depression and I do think when you suffer with depression you are more prone to being sensitive, it took me ages to get the confidence to join the forum in the first place and then it took time for me to post anything but eventually I was ok but found after my recent upset that I have lost my confidence again and now I have stepped back a lot, which is sad as I loved it on here.

I totally agree with this, I am also a very sensitive person and recently came off the forum in tears due to being upset on a thread . I don't have a great amount of confidence in myself due to bouts of depression and I do think when you suffer with depression you are more prone to being sensitive, it took me ages to get the confidence to join the forum in the first place and then it took time for me to post anything but eventually I was ok but found after my recent upset that I have lost my confidence again and now I have stepped back a lot, which is sad as I loved it on here.

Totally off topic - but i LOVE your little hallowe'en pumpkin bunny signature :lol:

*hugs* I love your posts and your pics of Baby Saint, Helen and Cloud :wave:

I hope you are feeling better today Nicola

I do feel better today.

Sometimes the jokes don't really affect me, other times they make me feel tiny and inadequate. Sometimes I can laugh along and even make the joke myself. I'm glad people aren't worried about my bunnies which is all that really concerned me. As I said though, I came on this forum to learn and get advice, I'm still really a newbie to rabbit care, so if you think something isn't right please speak up :)

I do feel better today.

Sometimes the jokes don't really affect me, other times they make me feel tiny and inadequate. Sometimes I can laugh along and even make the joke myself. I'm glad people aren't worried about my bunnies which is all that really concerned me. As I said though, I came on this forum to learn and get advice, I'm still really a newbie to rabbit care, so if you think something isn't right please speak up :)

A joke is only a joke if both the parties are laughing, it is hard online sometimes though, in a real life situation you can see by a persons response that they have been hurt and put things right with a hug and reassurance, online people may just go away and feel hurt without the person who made the comment even being aware of it. You have brought to peoples attention how hurtful comments can be even if they are joking, and reading through some of the responses you had to your original post you are not alone as others have been hurt by comments made to them too.

I've had some of my friends call me a "hoarder" before even though I only have 5 bunnies, 2 piggies and 2 very small dogs. Compared to some, that's hardly anything at all! The pets always come first and have even moved countries TWICE with us so we could could continue to care for them rather than rehome.

Really, as long as the animals are loved and getting all the care they need it's nobody's business whether you have 1 or 50.

AMETHYST

Back