• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just to let you all know

Nicola I haven't seen any negative comments either, but tbh I do wish other folk would either mind their own business or engage their brains before posting!! :roll: :?

For what it's worth, it's nowt to do with anyone else except you & your OH - I'd hardly class you as a hoarder for the number of bunnies you do have :? All of which want for nothing & are very well cared for!! :D

If I'm honest, I've no doubt some folk on here also think of me in that light too with 27 of our own & 2 foster bunnies :oops: Oh well folk will form what ever opinions they want to! :roll: Guess my username doesn't help me either!!! :lol:

Our neighbours think we have a sanctuary!!! :shock:

Last edited:
Ha, I have been called a Hoarder, a Munchaussen's by proxyer and even a BREEDER !! :roll:

Some people can only feel good about themselves if they are putting someone else down.

As long as we can provide for all the needs of any animal in our care then how many we have is no-one else's business.

Sorry someone has made you feel like this Nicola :(
You are a fab bunny mum, dont let anyone make you think otherwise xxxxxx

Thank you. I don't want to link to posts because I don't want to single people out - it's the fact a few different people have said things that is upsetting me and making me feel like a bad bunny mummy.

I do appreciate that people might be only joking but it is getting me down as it's a sensitive subject to me, as my family are always on my back about it and I am quite over-sensitive anyway. I love my bunnies so much but I do sometimes think they'd be better off with someone else.

Nicola I haven't seen any negative comments either, bth I do wish other folk would either mind their own business or engage their brains before posting!! :roll: :?

Totally agree with you here Denise. Unfortunately some people are very self riteous and think if you dont fall into their catagory of perfection or the way things should be done then you should be shot down.

Also on forums etc i think its easier for people to get carried away and not think of the consequences or how others may feel or be hurt by certain things. A bit of respect and thought for other people goes a long way.

Totally agree with you here Denise. Unfortunately some people are very self riteous and think if you dont fall into their catagory of perfection or the way things should be done then you should be shot down.

Also on forums etc i think its easier for people to get carried away and not think of the consequences or how others may feel or be hurt by certain things. A bit of respect and thought for other people goes a long way.

I agree and i detest the holier than thou attitude its totally uncalled for, chin up nicola. xxxxxxxx

Just to let you know

LOL jane :lol:I have been called a BREEDER too:evil:probably by the same person as you:evil:also a hoarder/rabbit abuser/collector:censored:and many other names too:roll:just because i took on ex-breeder bunnies to give them a new start in life:)some people really are sick:evil: i just strick a big smile on my face and IGNORE them:lol:

Just to let you know

LOL jane :lol:I have been called a BREEDER too:evil:evil:also a hoarder/rabbit abuser/collector:censored:and many other names too:roll:just because i took on ex-breeder bunnies to give them a new start in life:)some people really are sick:evil: i just strick a big smile on my face and IGNORE them:lol:

Just to let you know

LOL jane :lol:I have been called a BREEDER too:evil:evil:also a hoarder/rabbit abuser/collector:censored:and many other names too:roll:just because i took on ex-breeder bunnies to give them a new start in life:)some people really are sick:evil: i just stick a big smile on my face and IGNORE them:lol:

You do a fabulous job with all your buns, don't listen to anyone else because its none of their business.

Ha, I have been called a Hoarder, a Munchaussen's by proxyer and even a BREEDER !! :roll:

Some people can only feel good about themselves if they are putting someone else down.

As long as we can provide for all the needs of any animal in our care then how many we have is no-one else's business.

Precisely. x

Hi Nicola, I'm new to this forum and so haven't seen any of the posts but I was hesitant about joining because forums can be very judgemental and hurtful. Previously I left a forum (not rabbit related) because people were negative and anything upbeat was shot down.
My soapbox moment would be that so long as animals are cared for (and it sounds like yours are well loved with a happy home) its no one elses business or right to judge.
The old saying goes for some people, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!!
Enjoy you're bunnies and I hope happier time here :D

I'm really sorry, I did make that joke on the tatoo bunny thread, but that's all it was - I know you love your animals and look after them well!! No offence intended! I know what it's like to be feeling down and jokes to make it worse instead of better. I don't think you are an animal hoarder. :) Am I forgiven???.... :cry:

Nicola, I haven't been long on this forum either, but I agree with the majority of posters on this thread. You are entitled to have as many bunnies as you feel you can love and look after and give a good home to. It really is no one else's business. I can only manage to look after one bunny at the moment and I'm sure many would say NO this is not right, buns should be paired. But for ME this is right, he has a loving home with us and our other pets, he will have all the medical attention he needs/if he needs it and he lives happily in the house with us and has bonded well with both humans and dogs. Don't feel inadequate and always go with what is right for you:)

I'm really sorry, I did make that joke on the tatoo bunny thread, but that's all it was - I know you love your animals and look after them well!! No offence intended! I know what it's like to be feeling down and jokes to make it worse instead of better. I don't think you are an animal hoarder. :) Am I forgiven???.... :cry:

It's ok, like I say I know people aren't being intentionally mean but I can't help taking it to heart. And it's just because a few people have said things. Don't worry about it :wave: I know you wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose!

Hi Nicola,

I'm a highly sensitive woman also. I think it's a great quality for caring for animals, means you are always aware of their needs.

I think it's great you have 7 rabbits- as i can see from your signature. If you want more get more. I have 18 animals at the moment and I'll be taking on upto 40 more buns when my circumstances are right. It's entirely up to you what you do with your life.

I can totally empathize with the way that some people can make you feel. I can be really hurtful sometimes and it's easy to fall prey to other peoples weaknesses ( i.e lack of empathy and consideration.)

I think it's important to realize that not everyone is operating on such a high level. I.e some people have low level programming because of the experiences they have been through in there own lives.

I have come away from this forum crying- how absurd! I'm learning to let comments flow like water off a ducks back so to speak.

Sometimes it's hard because you just don't have the energy and people tip you over the edge.

There are all sorts of people in this world and it's best to avoid those who make you feel bad rather than engage with them. Easier said than done though.

I also think that sometimes- there can be undertones to threads- your smart enough to know someone is digging at you. Go with your instincts and put yourself first. Hold yourself as the most important person in your world. The truth is you are and it doesn't matter what any other human being thinks.

You are on a rock floating through space- god only knows why we are here as a species except to live, procreate and die. You have the right to do whatever you like and you don't have to justify your life to anyone.

Lots of love & hugs for you and sending some positivity and healing your way :)

I really hope you do feel better about all this. There are alot of beautiful people in this world just as there are alot of insensitive ones. Alot of the loving people have come out of the wood work in the thread. Those are the people to listen too. xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s I actually think alot of so called joking- can be an excuse for being cruel. I don't think jokes are funny if they are at other peoples expense and effect people directly in a negative way. It then enters the realm of insult rather than joke.

Of course there are perfectly acceptable jokes- but the people who joke should be responsible for how they are going to effect a person, especially if a joke is directed at someone and could be misinterpreted. It's down to the person making the joke to be considerate, not the receiver of the joke.

It's possible to tell the intent of a persons words regardless of what they write and you may be picking up on these things. It's really not worth letting anything negative that anyone says to hold any weight.

Criticism should be constructive not destructive in my opinion. It's possible to disagree with people in a very caring and respectful way. I hope that people on the forum hold people to the highest level of being not accept whatever is thrown at them.

I think it's important you wrote this thread. As a community it's something that is important to address.

xx

Last edited:
It's ok, like I say I know people aren't being intentionally mean but I can't help taking it to heart. And it's just because a few people have said things. Don't worry about it :wave: I know you wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose!

I totally understand ..... a certain reversing accident involving my rear wheels and my mum springs to mind.... I can see the funny side of it but sometimes get tired of poliltely laughing at the jokes. Glad your OH has a job again! I wish there was a smiley with fowers and chocolates to apologise properly. Here, have a packet of peanuts but don't give em to Blackberry!! Hazel and Penny will make you a piggy pee coctail, once they've eaten enough lettuce!!

I totally understand ..... a certain reversing accident involving my rear wheels and my mum springs to mind.... I can see the funny side of it but sometimes get tired of poliltely laughing at the jokes. Glad your OH has a job again! I wish there was a smiley with fowers and chocolates to apologise properly. Here, have a packet of peanuts but don't give em to Blackberry!! Hazel and Penny will make you a piggy pee coctail, once they've eaten enough lettuce!!

Ah thank you :lol: I feel a bit better today was just very down yesterday. At the minute I'm in at work Thursday - Sunday then off for a few days, so on the weekends I feel like I'm not spending enough time with the little monsters. I guess we all have days when we feel overwhelmed by our pets, our OHs, our friends, our lives... *big sigh* :lol: I know on here it is only jokes - but as soon as people mention number of animals I instantly get on the defensive because of my family's comments, so sometimes I'll read an innocent comment as a criticism.

I know I probably could take on more rabbits especially now I've moved and OH has a job, but I won't. I just love the ones I have so much and I get to spend a lot of time with them and their little personalities. Everyone has different limits and I know mine is higher than a lot of people's but also lower than a lot of people's. Doesn't mean we don't all love our pets.

nicola hun....its is your business and no one elses.
Youre a more than competent bunny mummy and we all have buns going up in numbers for our own reasons..usualy to help buns...believe you me i know!!

the most buns i had in one time was four with two cats.
the bun i took on most folks said why did i do it..my finances are stretched..but our gp said nikkis severity of her M.E leads a very lonely life so pets are a must..same for depressionw hich i have badly.

oddly enough tho the one person who always likes to have a go at me over my pets is my mum...but taking in casper mum almsost insisted i do!

she moaned about me having four buns....but loved each and every one of them.

ive had som e real nasty things said to me re my buns and my income...oh thats a whole diff subject!!

some folks ahve gone that used to be extra bitchy..some are bitchy without meaning to be........sometimes like me.....you have enough critiscm daily in your life and the teeniest of comments even meant in jest can floor you.

chin up hun or ill have to throw something at you...;):lol:

I've not had the comments about my bunnies as I only have 2 but I have had many stupid comments about having 3 children. People obviously think they are being witty and clever but there are only so many 'don't you have any other hobbies' comments I could take!

Just ignore it hun like the others have said as it's nothing to do with anyone else as you are clearly caring for your buns very well.

Back